Brett in Burgundy - the red wine premox?

I don’t think there is a guarantee of anything when it comes to brett in wine. It may slow the growth, to some extent, keyword being “may”. That said, once you warm up the bottle to drinking temp, and then after you open it, that growth could be very rapid, indeed, and I’ve seen it happen in mere 20 minutes or so. Again, depending on factors. This is the issue so overlooked by all those who claim that “some brett IN WINE could be good”. Well, since there is ABSOLUTELY no way to control how brett behaves IN WINE this claim is moot. Just a little bit of brett is like being just a little bit little pregnant.

As stated already, way too many factors, most not under anyone’s control. And to the point above in regard to “Burgundy”, its not just Burgundy, I’ve had bretty bottles from Rhone, CA, OR and other places. Just to be clear and not to pile on on just one specific region. From memory, I’ve had way more bretty Rhones than I had Burgs, though I do drink more Rhones.

And as Eric L. pointed out above, some do somehow mix up reduction and brett (same as many also mix up reduction and mercaptans). One needs to be careful when excluding wines in a region based on someone’s say so of “brett”. Try a wine yourself, if possible.