Briceland Vineyards - Humboldt's Finest Since 1985

The 2012 PV was insane. The 2013 is also quite good, but the 2012 was otherworldly.

I drink a lot of these wines, especially the Pinots. I love the sense of place and the lower alcohol. Also, these wines tend to have a white floral note in the nose that I really dig.

Andrew, I sent a note yesterday ordering the Preview Day only pack, and am just checking to make sure you got the order sent at 524PM CST.

Hi Robert,

I got your email. Sorry to those that I have been slow to reply to. I was playing dishwasher repair man yesterday while responding to Preview Orders. I am in over my head on the dishwasher, but here in the middle of nowhere, it is hard to get good repair people, so I’d better learn.

Thanks for ordering again this year. I appreciate your support.

I’ll be in touch by phone to cover a couple of details.

I look forward to your response to the wines.

Andrew

Y’all should go deep on Andrew’s wine! This is tasty stuff, many of them have rather unique profiles.
And seeing the rave reviews of the 2012 PV I’m glad I have one from a prior BD. The only question is when I should drink it!

Hi Adam,

Thanks for posting and for all of your support.

How many bottles do you have?

I am having a hard time holding on to the bottles I have. I really like it and think that Corey’s and Chris’s notes both cover my impressions of the wine. It is part of what really locked me in to Ishi Pishi Ranch as a site I intend to keep producing from as long as I make wine.

If you have only one bottle, I’d keep it for at least another couple of years. If have 2, pop one.

Frankly, 2012 was my first vintage of PV and of BDX from Ishi Pishi, so I can only speculate on how long to keep it based on tasting as opposed to speaking from experience.

I am looking forward to the next few bottlings of PV from that site. I am thinking it will make a mark over the next few years.

Now I really wish I’d bought the 2012 PV last year, but I have so many other great Briceland wines that it shouldn’t be too hard to get over it. :wink:

It’s a terrific and unique wine. I think a lot of WBers looking for something distinct and different would dig it.

I had no idea what to expect from the wine, which made it an even better surprise. Three sips in, I was smiling as I was drinking this wine thinking “holy eff, this is really effing good.”

Note: I was thinking of a word other than “eff”.

OK guys. I appreciate all of your enthusiasm for the 12 Ishi Pishi Ranch Humboldt Petit Verdot. Problem is, that wine is long gone. Let’s talk about wines that exist. The 13 PV is pretty nice. I might like the 14 that is in the Red Futures Pack even better.

Other good stuff too. I don’t want everyone thinking about the big one that got away. Unless you are going to win that auction.

Just got my order in for cab and petit verdot.

Their zin is quite good too. Very crunchy red fruited style.

Agree that the 13 PV was very nice. And your Pinots are great tasting and great value. I tend to be particularly fond of the Ronda’s and the Reserve. And I also like the Zins, and the Cab…

The Merlot, Syrah, Arneis, Brut, and Pet Nat don’t suck either. It is really hard to show any kind of moderation with so many fine choices.

Pinot Deals 1 & 2 Closed. Others remain open until 12m Sunday.

Thanks to everyone for a great event. Particularly to Todd & Brig for making it happen.

I am overwhelmed by all of the kind winos who commented and joined in to let people know that they have enjoyed our wines.

I see the PN stock has dropped enough, so we’d better give that a rest. If anyone wants the other stuff, let me know.

Andrew,

I am looking forward to trying your wines.
Your #1 fan, Mike Evans, has raved about these wines for some time.
So happy for your success.

Don

Hi Don.

Thanks for giving us a shot.

Also, thanks for your encouragement for us and the entire Berserker Team. It is this sentiment that makes Berserkers a special place. champagne.gif

PS. Yes, Mike is awesome!

anyone else get red futures and hear an update? Tried emailing Andrew but haven’t heard back, he seems busy. For what it’s worth, with the hot weather recently, don’t mind not getting the wines for a while, but wanted to see if anyone else knows the timetable. Thanks

^ Andrew is traveling through this coming weekend. I’m sure he will reach out soon.

Andrew, the Arneis didn’t pair well with a Vinaigrette dressing on my salad but a great match with mussels in a garlic, butter and wine wine preparation.

Don

thanks; I did hear back from Andrew, he was busy but said he’d be able to give those of us who ordered futures a shipping estimate sometime soon. Looking forward to trying the wines; no rush given the warm temps anyway.

What is the latest status on BD IX Futures wines - has anyone received wines, or shipment estimates?