Briceland Vineyards - Humboldt's Finest Since 1985

I haven’t had the 2015 but here is a note on the 2012:

2012 Briceland Vineyards Merlot Ishi Pishi Ranch - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (2/16/2016)
This is the type of Merlot that makes me happy, with an earthy and freshly bruised blackberry cane savoriness that complements the sweet but restrained dark fruit, well supported by fine tannin and a twist of acid. (92 pts.)

It showed the same class and refinement that I find in other varieties from Ishi Pishi Ranch.

Chadly, you nailed it. Amazing is the word. The Ronda PN’s are special, and everything Andrew makes is good. But for most people, Ishi Pishi is the best vineyard they’ve never heard of, and it’s better than just about all of the ones they have heard of. Those of us in the know are very fortunate.

1 Like

One of my first BD buys a handful of years back and each year my order gets bigger! Great food-friendly wines that disappear quickly. Thanks, Andrew!

Briceland always over-delivers. Andrew has impeccable customer service and the wines are always big hits for friends and family. Coming back for a mixed case this year.

Order in! Love these wines, and can’t recommend them enough for anyone who is pondering a purchase. About as safe a bet as there is. Agree with comments above - a first rate experience with Andrew and Briceland wines. 2 x #4, hate to have to hold it to a case, as we really do adore these wines, but every now and then I need to act like a grown-up…

1 Like

Well… Thanks Geoff. I really appreciate it.

Thanks also to Mike, Mary, Dan, Chris, Mark and Chad for your ongoing support.

And to Marshall for giving us a shot.

I got behind here. Our internet went out for an hour then the power went off and back on. Not a great day to have outages…

Did a case of the Humboldt Pinots. Great wines!

1 Like

Working on a case split with a friend from the pre-offer. Every time we pull a bottle of Briceland my wife goes “yum”.
Definitely don’t miss the Ishi Pishi Zin, unless you only like really heavy wines.

Good Morning Berserkers!

Speaking to you from rainy Southern Humboldt. We had an internet outage last night, followed by a series of on / off power outages ending with an off. Still off, but the trusty Honda is on, so we are ONLINE.

In for the ishi pishi and the whites. The Syrah was a real winner last year!

Todd L

Definitely do not miss out here. The value is tremendous. Anything from Ishi Pishi is always phenomenal. I look forward to ordering every year!

Thanks Adam, Todd, Brian and Ben for your ongoing support.

1 Like

Funny, I see that my only note is from the 2012 as well. Ishi Pishi is a special vineyard with a funny name.

The flavors generally followed the nose, with the fruit growing to a darker red with some air with a hint of cranberry. Medium bodied with good acidity and a lingering finish. 13.2% abv; made from organic grapes. Good stuff. (91 pts.)

Email sent for Offer #1

Thanks Jeremy.

What does it say…

That over 75% of the orders are repeat buyers?

Email Sent #4… excited to try these out. Love Humboldt wines!

That people who drink your wine find it delicious?

Can you give some insight into the differences between Ronda’s and Phelps Vineyards? My recollection is that they are fairly in distance, but what about things like soil, elevation, etc.?

Also, am I correct in thinking that Ishi Pishi does not grow PN?

Hey Corey!

They are only about a mile and a quarter apart. Phelps is a few feet higher and Ronda’s has a little rockier soil, but the bigger difference is the topography.

The contours and aspect of a vineyard is IMO, an underestimated component of terroir differentiations. Phelps is on a south facing ridge shoulder. Ronda’s is a southwest facing terraced bowl just below the ridgeline. The both the being off the ridge and the convex shape means lower windspeed at Ronda’s.

it is true that IP Ranch has no Pinot Noir.

In for the Ishi Pishi reds (#4).

I had both the 2015 zin and syrah over the past few weeks, and both were excellent.

It’s always nice to speak with Andrew as an added bonus! [cheers.gif]

Fantastic to hear. Just placed my order for #4. I’m on the fence about #5 I already spent more then I should. Maybe I’ll get talked into it champagne.gif