Briceland Vineyards - Humboldt's Finest Since 1985

Glad to see you made the pros so you could stop terrorizing Notre Dame football!

Iā€™ve had and liked all of these. I thought the Chardonnay was exceptional.

• 2019 Briceland Vineyards Arneis Spirit Canyon Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (1/13/2021)
    Light straw colored with a nose of lemon and lemon pith overlayed with florals, apricot and jalapeno without the spice. On the palate, the wine is crisp with flavors of lemon and mineral, light-medium bodied, slightly oily with an acidic spine and a persistent finish. Drinking well today, but should hold for several years.

13.0%abv. 176 cases made. (91 pts.)

• 2019 Briceland Vineyards GewĆ¼rztraminer Ishi Pishi Ranch - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (1/1/2021)
    Pale yellow colored with gorgeous aromas of white lilies and spice. On the palate, flowers, yellow fruits and spice. Bone dry, with pleasantly high acidity and a lightly rounded mouthfeel. Paired nicely with Prosecco washed Harbison, with the acidity of the wine cutting the richness of the cheese. Very good.

13.5%abv; 84 cases made.

• 2016 Briceland Vineyards Chardonnay Rondaā€™s reserve - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (5/25/2020)
    Consistent with my bottle of earlier this year. Lemon pith, minerals and subtle tropical flavors. Thereā€™s an intriguing juxtoposition between the taut acidity and the slightly rounded mouthfeel that came from aging 3+ years on the lees (no malo or oak). Nicely balanced and easy to drink. Iā€™m a fan. (92 pts.)

Note: I donā€™t always score and I didnā€™t stick a number on the Gewurz because itā€™s a grape a rarely drink. The Chardonnay is exceptional. Iā€™ve been drinking Andrewā€™s wines since I bought a case on his first BerserkerDay (technically I called him the day after BD) and IMO, itā€™s his best Chard to date.

Thanks for posting the notes on the whites, Corey. I think each of those 3 wines represents an interesting and tasty expression of the variety which is likable if you tend towards higher acid whites.

I am consistently surprised at the low fraction that whites make up off the sales here. It runs about 10 to 1 reds to whites. Go figureā€¦

Am I missing something? How do I order. I want the 6 whites. If I can mix and match, I also want 6 reds, but prefer 3 pinots and 3 petite verdot.

Hi Jay,

i just sent your a PM. Just shoot me an email at andrew@bricelandvineyards.com and I will put that pack together for you.

Thank you Corey. I appreciate the notes. Iā€™ve been a big fan of the Arneis for awhile and more recently the Gwertz. Iā€™ve followed a lot of your Briceland notes and I think our tastes are relatively aligned on these wines. I admit I was on the fence with the chard but I think itā€™s worth it. This was just the shove I needed.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad to be an enabler.

Ha. There should be an icon or badge for ā€œenablerā€. Though pretty much everyone with a screen name is probably an enabler already. I promise to post more notes this year on these wines instead of just chiming in after you post.

Thanks, Chadly. I got your message.

Thanks!

Thanks Andrew, great offers! Question regarding our email orders - is there a timeframe in which we should expect confirmation responses, and/or the payment information calls? No rush (especially given your power issues), just trying to get a sense for whatā€™s next.

Email sent!

Uli - Andrew will know better, but IIRC in past years it might be a day or two for him to sort things out.

1 Like

Hi Uli,

It usually takes me a day or two to get back to everyone.

When I look, I donā€™t yet see an email from you.

Did you send one?

Andrew@bricelandvineyards.com

1 Like

I didā€¦ yesterday at 8:30am. Thanks!

OK. I will make sure I have it and reply to that message. Thanks!

Thanks for all of your interest in our wines and for the ongoing support from our repeat buyers. Go Berserkers!

I am holding the offers open until 11 am on Thursday, in case anyone still has room on their CC and want to jump in.

Hi Andrew,
I noted that you didnā€™t list Phelps as organically farmed. Would you know what chemical treatments, if any, are used at Phelps that arenā€™t used at Rondaā€™s?
Thanks

Hi Nico,

Todd Phelps has used round up at some point in the Chardonnay section of his vineyard. I am 99.5% sure he has not applied it in the PN section.

He has had issues in that section with powder mildew and his under row mower equipment does not fit there. Getting good air flow was key to addressing it. Thanks for bringing it up. I need to follow up with him and see what his plans are going forward.

1 Like

Has anyone received their wine from this offer? I hadnā€™t seen anything and emailed Andrew this morning.

I actually sent an email this morning as well saying Iā€™m ready when itā€™s shipping time. Andrew is always super responsive and looking back, my last BD orders shipped the last half of March so nothing out of the ordinary in my experiences.

Hi Marshall and Everyone,

I have been watching the snow storms pass and it appears to be time to ship to nearly everyone who has not yet gotten wine.

I will be prepping batches the next two weeks with warmer areas first. Thanks for your patience and support!

Cheers!