Bring a Special Bottle part deux: NYC Holiday Gala: Dec 2nd, Wu's Wonton King- ONE SPOT OPEN !: Check out the line up

I will attend, is this on the 2nd? and I am not sure what I am bringing as of yet…

Watching this thread as well since I missed the last one due to injury. If the date you guys pick and if not chinese food, I am in but as of now looks like I will need to attend a future gathering.

Mike
Yes it is indeed on Dec 2nd and glad that you decided to join. Welcome to our humble little group !
No worries about being undecided, we have 3 weeks till the event, but if possible let’s all try to declare our wines in the next 7 to 10 days so that folks who are fluctuating can see what gaps they might want to fill . I have already spent an hour or two trying to decide, but know that I will definitely bring a Champagne, as I adore it and have been constantly trying new small growers and am now a certified Envoyer frequent flyer. I will also bring a red as a second bottle, because it’s what I do and I need the space.

If anyone else is on the fence, please jump in the pool, the water is warm.
Would like to max out at 10 folks and response has been great so far. We are currently at 7 attendees. If there are folks that would like to join but cannot make the date, no problem, I am going to try to make the trek to the city from my tiny Ct farm town and arrange these special dinners every second month if there is enough interest which I think there is.

Only every other month [scratch.gif]

It is a bit of a haul for me so I can be certain to easily do every other month. I am not terribly close to NY the part of the state I am in, as I do not live in Fairfield County which has many towns a half hour away from the city. My quaint little town is smack dab in the middle of the state. So, half hour drive to New Haven train station, then almost precisely two hours of travel time on the express train. So a 3 or 4 hour offline which most are is a total of 9 or 10 hours of total time including travel time. I also do have my own Ct group where we hold them in W Hartford w great restaurants a half hour from home.

However if our core group all agrees that we want to try to do them every month, I could easily be persuaded. Especially as our group has such great palates and are often exposing me to wines that I have never tasted and have often wanted to. For example the Selosse Substance that Julie brought last time was one of the few classic legendary Champagnes that was on my bucket list and it was truly unique and unlike any Champagne I have ever tried and I drink a lot of bubbly. A real treat.

Count me in

(Jonathan—thanks for the email nudge)

Fantastic Mike ! Glad you can join again. Refreshing to see we have 7 out of 8 of the original group returning, and we now have filled our quota of people named Mike, as Mike Reff is also joining this time. Gonna be another great evening.

Ok folks we are full at 10 folks. Dennis and Windy are part of my regular group for the past 2 years and are joining us from South Joisey.

Am thinking one of these:

2005 Fourrier Gevrey Chambertin 1er Cru Les Goulots
2006 Cayuse Bionic Frog
1969 Viuva Gomes Colares

Any preferences?

Mike, Thanks for providing multiple choices. I think the Fourrier would be the best pick, as Dennis is bringing a 1995 Ponsot Chapelle Chambertin. This way we can have a Burgundy flight with two classic producers, 10 years apart and try a Premier Cru as well as a Grand Cru. Should be a great flight.

The Frog is a great wine also. I don’t get to try them too often, but just had it at a crazy 4 day event in Charleston. 3 nights in a row of world class wines. Then a double blind lunch Sunday. Amongst 10 wines were 97 Montelena, 02 Ridge MB, 1985 Diamond Creek Red Rock Terrace, and a 95 Chave. I have generous friends.

Wu’s Wonton King is at 165 E Broadway, New York, NY 10002, right?

What time will we be meeting?

Please add me to the waitlist for Dec. 2. Thanks!

Mike
Thanks for the interest. You have been added to the waitlist on the number 1 spot. If you dont make this one please keep your eyes on the board as we had so much fun at my first event I will be doing them at least every 2nd month and possibly every month as a few of the gang have urged me to !

Yes you are correct !The address is 165 E Broadway New York NY 10022

I will bring:
2014 Domaine du Pégau Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc Cuvée A Tempo

Start time is 6:30

Please bring your own stems

It’s hard to choose. I’ll likely bring a 1998 Gaja Sori Tilden.

Can I brown bag mine and let everyone guess, and then I can shake the hand of the person who gets closest to guessing?

Bringing a 2000 Leoville Las Cases courtesy Jonathan’s cellar.

Folks,
Something came up and I am not going to be able to attend.

Have fun.