Bring a Special Bottle part deux: NYC Holiday Gala: Dec 2nd, Wu's Wonton King- ONE SPOT OPEN !: Check out the line up

Let’s keep it to the offline discussion. Take it to PM if you wanna keep arguing

I was hoping for a wrestling match on the Lazy-Susan platter, in the middle of the table. [pillow-fight.gif] Even the roaches and rats would come out of hiding, to watch. [popcorn.gif]

Be careful if one contestant starts slinging boiled noodles or soup dumplings. The latter are especially painful when they land and burst. [smileyvault-ban.gif]

Have to withdraw from this event. Was looking forward to the good company and excellent lineup

See you all at the next one. Enjoy

Tony

So sorry to hear you have to bow out Tony. You were part of the core gang of 7 ! Look forward to seeing you at future events this will be an ongoing group. Have a great holiday season.

Sorry to hear you can’t make it Tony. Next time.

I’m going to try to put together some notes to help me in my tasting notes. (Tom, in case you are interested there are three videos out there on YouTube about Sori Tilden. )

If anyone as good sources for information about their wines, send it my way. Otherwise, just hitting the regular sources like Burghound and other sites. (FYI, if anyone wants a Black Friday offer for bh, let me know and I can get you a gift subscription. It’s just a slight discount on their normal rate)

Does anyone know if it is okay to bring wine opened? Gaia recommended opening the bottle an hour or two before serving rather than decanting. Otherwise, I’ll just open at the restaurant first thing.

P.S., sorry about the link, didn’t expect it to show up so large on the page.

This is getting a bit more complicated. Luckily not my first rodeo. Siddhant our next up on the waitlist can no longer make it. I have sent a message to Counselor Jay Hack and hopefully he will join the festivities.

Hey Julie, thanks for video. Don’t worry about bringing open bottles.

FYI: two reviews of Wu’s. NYTimes from 2017. And a blog I came upon.

http://docsconz.com/2018/01/double-harmony-at-wus-wonton-king-in-nyc/

From these articles and others it seems that a couple of ‘must order’ items are barbecue, dumplings and fried rice.

I called the restaurant and inquired about the size of suckling pig. I was told that one would serve 10 - 15 people as an entree. She said that if we want to order a variety of things then the pig would be too much food. Perhaps Peking duck? I think the pig has to be ordered ahead of time but I didn’t ask. We could scout it out on Monday night for possible next visit?

Don’t forget to bring stems. Looking forward to Monday.

Tom

The suckling pig needs to be ordered in advance. It will be plenty of food for your group size and you can all pack some to go. And yes, you can alternatively get the Peking Duck… or King Crab even.

While down in SC I met some New Yorkers who are regulars and they raved about the Crab prepared 4 ways. I would think that and the Peking Duck might be good for main courses but am flexible.

As much as this crushes me, and I hope you will forgive me, but I must withdraw from the event tomorrow night.

My sincere apologies.

Michael

Michael sorry to see you drop out, was looking forward to meeting you. I am sure you did not cancel unless you had to as I know you were very much looking forward to it. I would imagine that work may have been the culprit for you as this time of year your job owns you when you are in retail. Hope you have a great holiday and hope to see you at one of the equally grand future events.

Duplicate.

dh

The King Crab prepared multiple ways is very good but will raise your per person cost significantly.

I sent response - my wife has had three oral surgeries in the past three weeks so I am on nurse duty because she can’t eat real food. I can’t come.

Ezekiel should be placed in the #1 spot.

Perfect weather and perfect reason to boil up a big pot of juk (congee). Best wishes for her recuperation.

It was a fun evening… Thanks for organizing, Jonathan.

Jonathan, thanks so much for organizing. Hey gang it was fun. Good company, good wines and food. I know my wotn were a bit different than others. Wonderful to taste over time and see the evolution of the delicious wines.

Keen to get an update and what was wotn for the group.