Bring a special bottle: Peking Duckhouse Mid NYC:: Oct 21st All Full !!

Bummer! I will be visiting NYC on the night of 10/2 for work.

What time will this dinner kickoff? Breaking fast with Peking Duck… Not exactly traditional,but…

Good question Len, since at least half of our crowd is Jewish. I usually start events at 6:30 which looks like it works, as Sundown is 6:25 in NY that evening.

Oops. I have to guard the door the night before and throw myself in front of ISIS members with machine guns, so maybe I can’t make it. Sundown is 6:25, which means you can eat after 7:25, but since I am a devout Jewish Atheist, who’s going to know. I would prefer a different date because my office is closed and it allows me NOT to take the train to NYC for a day.

Great !! After we have a date that actually seemed to work for everyone a monkey wrench is thrown in. It does look like there will be some sort of playoff game on the 9th according the schedule I just looked at. That might cause one or two folks to drop out if indeed it is true.

If we have any very observant folks technically I understand you are supposed to fast 25 hours. To me 24 is close enough but would like to hear from others. If this is an issue for some we can run with a new date, OR if we have a greater response for the original date, we will stay with it.

SO… to make a long story short, how about we try to go with Mon Oct 21st. It is right before the world series and I think there is no game scheduled, nor is it a jewish holiday. If this works for everyone please let me know as I don’t want to spend much more effort to nail down a date.

Sorry Jay if you don’t wish to take the train in on your day off, I am taking a 5 hour round trip train ride myself so not much sympathy here, unfortunately the other date is patriots playing the jets at home. If either date is no good, sorry. Wish I could accommodate everyone’s schedule but that is impossible.

I can join if it’s on Mon Oct 21st…

One slight correction, Jonathan: it actually is a Jewish holiday that day (Simhat Torah) but I imagine Jay’s office will be open

I hope that we can work this out because we are five including Jay. Or maybe Chris depending on the date. I believe these things need a minimum of six. Either date works for me as long as the Yankees aren’t playing.

I can agree that 6 is an ideal number, but will have to respectfully disagree that we need to have that number. I have done offlines with as few as 3 people and had a blast. I plan to hold this event as long as there are 3 or more folks. If you decide to pass because it is too small, I would hope you will join regardless of size of group. I will guarantee regardless of size that there will be at least 6 different wines to sample, including a great Champagne. I am already planning on bringing 2 bottles and will bring a 3rd if necessary to ensure it. No worries, I have a lot of wine in my cellar and it was made to share.

It looks like either date is not good for Jay and the original date IS a playoff game. This date has no baseball game and we have 5 solid folks now, so we will go with Oct 21st

We do have up to 3 more spots open. Anyone else interested ?

So Oct 21st @ Peking House? What time?
Is this limited to only GC red burgs?

Would like to start at 6:30 if that works for everyone. GC white burgs are fine too, or a 2nd Champagne never hurts. I will sacrifice one of my bottles of 08 Dom for the dinner as well as another bottle tbd.

Please note that as some folks requested to bring bottles other than Burgs I have changed them to “Bring a special bottle”, so please bring a bottle that you think will impress.

I am offering up an 08 Dom for starters as well as an 04 Shafer Hillside Select as a 2nd bottle. Please post wine you will bring if possible before the event.

We currently have 6 people signed up, which is great, but would be happy with up to 4 more folks for a maximum of 10.

Jonathan, I just sent you a PM…

Hello, I’d be in for Mon, Oct 21st if there is space. Thinking of bringing a 2016 Perrot-Minot Vosne-Romanee Les-Beaux-Monts if that works. I have been wanting to try it. (The GC’s that I have are pretty young) Option 2, I could bring a 2014 or 2015 Hillside Select if you want to do a vertical tasting. I do have a Gevrey Chambertin, but its a 1er cru. Option 3: I can get a Jacques Selosse champagne.

Jonathan, how many of us are in now?

Are we changing the theme?

We are at 7 people currently

Yes I did change the theme sorry, I had requests from several folks to bring wines other than Burgs so I changed theme. Had tried to PM everyone but accidently forgot to send you a note. Hope the change is ok with you.

Yes Julie, there is room. All of your picks sound good but one stands out to me. I am a huge Champagne fan, and have tried most of the usual suspects, but have never tried a Selosse and it is on my bucket list. Most generous of you to offer. champagne.gif

Count me in. Thinking of bringing a 2003 Beaucastel Hommage à Jacques Perrin.

Excellent choice. Should be showing beautifully.

Sticking with original
1997 Anne Gros Clos Vougeot Le Grand Maupertui

I will bring a red: 2012 Rion Clos Vougeot Vielles Vignes and a white: 2012 Faiveley Corton-Charlemagne