Bring a special bottle: Peking Duckhouse Mid NYC:: Oct 21st All Full !!

Monday 10/21 is Patriots at Jets, I’m surprised Jay hadn’t mentioned this already.

Brent.
I know it’s a long thread, but I covered the topic of the Jets Pats home game, back on post 25 of the thread, and discussed how we were changing to this date because Oct 9th the original date was both a jewish holiday AND a baseball playoff game, therefore causing a conflict with almost everyone attending. If Jay prefers to attend the dinner instead of watching the Jets lose to the mighty Pats he is welcome. Sadly can’t please everyone, but I try my best. Why don’t you join the dinner ? We have some amazing wines on deck !

I was going to show up but now I am tentative. Dropped weights from 6 feet high on to my foot and cracked it.

Can someone please provide more info about the Selosse when available so I can research it? Thanks.

Very sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you heal.fairly soon. As for the dinner you can decide at the last minute whether you are able to join.

Sure, I’m bringing the Substance Blanc de Blancs. There are others of Selosse that are more approachable and may match the food better. Since not everyone may have tried Selosse, thought it may be more interesting to bring the bottle that is the recognizable and collectible of his for tasting. Selosse champagne is a newer (not so new anymore) solera, oxidative style where he is trying to give a sense of place to the champagne similar to Pinot and Chardonnay’s in burgundy across vintages. It will be fun to taste.

Let me know if you want me to post more about the specific disgorgement, dosage etc.

Thanks, Juliec, for your notes and the extensive link. Very much looking forward.

Bump.
. We have 8 folks attending with room for 2 more and a superb selection of wines. I have updated first post with the line up. Anyone who has not declared yet, would appreciate if you could do so in the next few days.

IMPORTANT: Especially as we are drinking some top caliber wines it is important to note that PDH does not have great stemware so please bring your own See you all soon !

Wish I could attend this but Mondays are tough for me, so I have been lurking.

Jonathan, I recently had the 04 Hillside, I think it still needs time. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the heads up on the stems and updating the lineup, Jonathan.

Just to confirm start time is 6:30 . Also fyi corkage is not free but is $10 per person versus $15 per bottle which is their regular corkage fee. This is excellent for New York
See everyone soon. We have an outstanding line up.
Thank you everyone for stepping up !

Looking forward to it!

If anyone needs a ride from the Chappaqua train station on Monday October 28, I can pick you up. > Kittle House Dinner Monday 10/28 (revised) - Event Planner - Online or Offline - WineBerserkers

Ok we have late addition to our attendee list. Julie just contacted me and will be bringing a friend. We are now at 8 people.

Jonathan, thanks for arranging it. What a fantastic event.

Everything was great - Faiveley Corton, Selosse and Diamond Creek were personal favorites.

Yeah, what Dinesh said. Really enjoyed the lineup, great wines over a broad range. Each one hit the mark for me. It was a real treat to try each one of the offerings

I did walk the mile back to Grand Central, check track number, proceed there, and watch train pull away ! If I had realized it was close would have grabbed a Lyft ! Hey at least 35 minutes later was another.

Agreed with the others the Diamond Creek was gorgeous. I suspect it is at peak so if you own one no better time than now! I know it may sound strange but I think I preferred the style of the Dom over the Selosse. I must say the Subatance was the most unique Champagne and totally different being an oxidative style. It possessed a flavor intensity I couldnt identify at first but in reflection was much like a fine sherry.

Also adored the Leflaive. Such purity of fruit but in perfect balance. Memorable enough that I think I may have to procure some. Thanks to EVERYONE for their very generous offerings, and also to the chefs waitstaff and management at PDH who treated us like VIPS

As I received a lot of great feedback from all attending I will try to see if we can continue with future events. I will be happy to arrange unless someone else prefers, but even if I do remain the organizer am always open to suggestions of venue or theme. My only request is that we try to keep dinners in a similar cost vein. Anything all in with good food in the $70 -$100 range works best for me as I still have time and expense getting to city. Have no problem bringing special btls as I have plenty , and wine was made to share

Jonathan thanks for organizing us and making the trek to nyc. It was good meeting everyone and thank you all for bringing your wine treasures. Each was a special treat to taste and enjoy with good company. All category killers in there own wine categories. Thanks all for putting another 6 wines on my buy list.

Good meeting everyone. Thanks to all for their generosity. Thanks to Jonathan and hope you can organize another night soon. My favs were 82 Diamond Creek Red Rock, 08 Dom and 1997 Anne Gros Clos Vougeot Le Grand Maupertui. The venue really shone too, didn’t it. Did someone get a good photo?

It was a great evening. I enjoyed the wines, the food, and the company. Thanks for arranging everything, Jonathan. Hopefully we can all get together again soon.