Bucklin Fall Release

Don’t pass on the rosé. Will makes a nice one in a lighter bodied, crisp style. Only $20 with the mailing list discount.

Took some field blend white and trying the rose for this summer. Was really impressed with the previous fb white I had.

Drinking the 2019 mixed whites now. Hard to describe this. Nose sort of reminds me of viognier. Very floral. On the palate I can’t quite place this. Guess it’s the unusual blend. I get all sorts of Rhone flavors ( Marsanne and viognier) but then it feels like gruner veltliner. This is really unique but it’s not for everyone.

The 2018 Ancient Field Blend already sold out. I might grab some rose and more of the mixed whites. Not sure if I want to get more grenache as I already loaded up on the 2018

The 2017 Ancient Field Blend is drinking great right now. Also the 2018 Cab is the end of an era. Those vines are now gone, though perhaps a 2019 was made? Not sure

That 2018 ancient grenache was awesome. Drank one in the fall.

Don’t sleep on the 2018 Bambino. Jaw-droppingly good. IMO a good notch better than the (very, very good) versions of Turley Juvenile, Carlisle SC and Bedrock OVZ in 2018.

At $24 (minus the 15% release discount) it’s a stupid value.

I saw that the 2018 Ancient Field Blend was sold out when I was looking at the release last night and having trouble deciding what to pick, but now I see it is available again? I haven’t checked out yet but I don’t have any issues adding it to my cart.

Drinking a glass of the 2015 Grenache as we speak. Damn good! Will post a note later.

I left a note in my order asking about the 2018 and Will emailed me and said he updated the inventory and had some more. It’s available again for now.

So good, but I think it will be even better in a couple years.

So is the “ancient vines” just from the 1800s stuff?

I think so…but don’t quote me on that. I can say that when we visited with Will the old vine grenache were the most memorable visually. Just huge, gnarly, beastly old vines!! I’ll see if I can find a pic.

Yes, per Will’s e-mail for the Spring 2021 release.

1 Like

Dear Persona Grata,
Many of you have been asking about older vintages so today I am releasing what I am calling our “Triple A” vertical of the Ancient Field Blend from 2015, 2016 and 2017. Each of these wines received an “A” from The Wine Spectator. This is a very limited release and only available to you, who have received this email and supported us in the past. Availability is limited to one 3-pack per client and is on a first come first serve basis for a very limited time. The price of each 3-pack is $106, which is the original pricing but does not include shipping. Shipping will begin immediately, and if you have any special requests, especially regarding shipping, please make them at check out in the “Special Instructions” box.
The wine is only available by clicking the link below. As always, thanks for your continued support!

I just placed my order for the Triple A vertical of the Ancient Field Blend from 2015, 2016, and 2017. I’ve had the 2016 in the past but I’m excited to try these alongside the 2018 Ancient Field Blend that I got in the most recent release.

I bit on the 3 pack as well. I have zero willpower.

You’re not alone! I saw the email, thought “oh, I’ll just see what it is, but I am NOT buying any more wine right now. Really. I mean it this time.” But then I saw it was only a 3-pack, and what it contained, and 5 minutes later I had signed up for one. Bucklin is a relatively recent discovery for us, and we love it, so it really wasn’t a tough decision.

Really trying not to buy the 3-pack. ugh.

LOL, I got the email for the 3 pack at 6:57 pm and purchased it by 7:00. Bucklin library release? Yes please. I’m grateful Will limited it to one 3 pack per person so I didn’t have to dither over getting multiples.

My 3 pack arrived a couple of hours ago, still cold to the touch. Rather impressive how quickly Will got these orders out! I’ve had the 16 and 17 (absolutely delicious) and can’t wait to try the 15 very soon.