Burt Williams dinner, SF Peninsula Divino Restaurant, Feb 26

Update: this event will be held on either Wed. Feb. 19 or Wed. Feb. 26. The venue will either be Golden Triangle in Los Gatos (no corkage, already OK’d us) or Divino’s in Belmont (much less cramped).

Please confirm which of these two dates you tentatively can attend and we will go with the consensus (unless Burt’s daughters can definitely only attend one of those dates, right now that’s TBD).

Either.

Preference for 19, but I can make both work

Either date is fine.

Any combination works, but divino 26 gets my vote. Divino better food match and more space.

I’m unable to do the 19th. Hopefully 26th is the date that works for the majority.

Conflict on the 19th. 26th should work. thanks!

Is today still Jan 11th?

Yes until Friday at 4:20.

Updates in first post and here: it will be Wednesday Feb 26 at Divino.

Thanks, George.
I’ll be keeping an eye on the bump list!
Kurt

I’ll ask for people to confirm in early February now that we have a firm date.

Feb 26 at Divino works well for both Jill and myself. Both still in! Thanks, Mark

I just found a WS 1993 Rochioli in my cellar I did not know I had. Well then.

Three bottles of 1995 Burt WS Pinot just sold today for over $250 per bottle plus commission plus tax plus shipping at K and L. One was Allen but none were Rochioli. A bottle of 1993 WS Cohn went for around $200 on WS last week.

I extrapolate this to Allen and Rochioli being over $300 per bottle from now on. So that means I just learned I am unlikely ever to backfill after this dinner, which makes it likely this will be the last Burt dinner I organize, which makes it even more special that Blake is bringing members of Burt’s family this time.

As for wait list, having 13 people plus Blake, and Burt’s daughters, is in theory the max. The room holds more but a bottle does not. There is no point in speculating until the event is a lot nearer. In theory it would make sense to limit it to people who bring Burt wines, but that would mean a total of maybe five people. I don’t think I’ve ever had waitlisters shut out from a dinner I organized until this dinner. We will see.

Idea, George:
Maybe we waitlisters (Andrew, Ian, Glenn, Kurt, Robert) host our own JV offline at the bowling alley next door? I’m just sorry I can’t help drink your '93 Rochioli.

Just a thought: I don’t have to taste every wine, and would be happy to skip some bottles if that lets a few more people in who really want to be there. With efficient small pours (we’d have to enforce that with beakers, or maybe even have someone pour the most desirable bottles to everyone), you can make 20+ work.

George,
I would like to attend as a newcomer if you have an available slot.
Thanks,
Lisa

I pm’d George about beakers (George, read your email!) . It makes total sense to have one person pour a particular bottle for the entire table to keep the sediment factor down.