Cabot Vineyards- Something old, something new

Happy to add the newbie syrah 6 pack! Order in.

Good call. Ill say with 100% objectivity that those three 16 Syrahs are the best Syrahs, for my palate, that I’ve ever made. They’re going to age very well.

1 Like

Based on that comment and on how great the 2012 Marier and 2011 Humboldt Syrahs were, I couldn’t resist picking up a Newbie 6 pack.

I’ll never forget ‘bacon fat’ Cabot Syrah. Unreal. Kimberly’s, I think the vineyard was?

In for a six pack - thanks!

Yes… it was from the rockiest section of Kimberly’s vineyard. It’s like pure shale/schist with a ton of quarts. It always ripens first and has more of a red fruited character, with a ton of pepper and meat. I think I still have two bottles left.

IMG_20210126_153623647.jpg
Celebrating a good sales day with a Roederer Rose in the hot tub. Looking forward to tomorrow. Thank you all for the support

Atta boy, Johnny!!!

Yes. The Bacon Fat bottling is legendary. The '06 Aria’s is probably my all-time fav.

A couple things I dig about Cabot Syrahs are the forwardly secondary notes as discussed. These are not ultra ripe fruit forward Syrahs you get from lots of locales in CA. You also always notice the nice acidic core. Plus they age really slowly for those that like that. The '09 I open in May of last year still showed fairly primary.

If those characters are what you like you should also consider the Pinots. Similar build to the Syrahs. Sort of a cooler take than much of CA in Pinot Noir and nice secondary expressions. Also slow agers.

Was going to restrain but John dug deep on the aged Syrahs. Gotta get in.

Was it the cellar dig…or the hot tub pic?? [highfive.gif]

[blush2.gif]

In for 3 aged syrah. These wines are ridiculous values

Wife and I just popped an '11 Cabot Syrah we picked up from BD11. Tastes perfect after a long day of Berserking. Great offer today sir!

Thank you Bobby! Glad you enjoyed it.

Love John’s wines
In for a newbie sixer!

In for the aged Syrah. First time buyer pretty excited.

TW

I hope you enjoy them Tim!

Couldn’t resist the aged pack. Looking forward to trying the wine!!!

Excited to try the aged syrah pack - thanks for offering it!

In for the aged Syrah. Love these wines. Thanks, John.