Cali Cab producers who make fine Sauvignon Blanc

Ha, missed that. Well, $100 is the new $30 anyway! And it tastes better.

It certainly does! Eisele is my favorite SB followed closely by Bevan’s

Ehlers makes a great Sav Blanc around $30, Gamble Family is a bit more expensive around $70-80 but is fantastic and one of the best SBs I’ve had (very Meyer lemon dominant in a good way).

Grgich Hills Fumé Blanc.

Presquile

+1 for Grgich Hills Fume Blanc

Back in the day, GH Fume Blanc and Frogs Leap Sauvignon Blanc were consistent cool-down pleasers for me.

I’m on the Jean Edwards bus as well. Tried Karen’s SB for the first time through the Berserker Day offer and it was very nice. Sadly I don’t have any left after this summer!

^this. Dan is an easy person to support. Wine is excellent.

We can also suggest Larkmead since were talking about Massican. It’s tasty Although very expensive. Joseph Phelps has a nice SB but that’s also up there in price.

Becklyn is good.

Kathryn Kennedy

Martin Ray Ascona Vyd. (SCM)

Above your price point Lexington (Fogarty) make excellent SB and Sem/Sauv from their Gist Vyd (which is near Ascona along the SCM summit).

i love how everyone meets the $30 criterion.

Another vote for Cliff Lede.

None of my local shops carry Massican, but Wine Access has the SB right at $30:

I’ve never tried it but very excited once it arrives, especially given the board recommendations.

Friendbuy - Forwarding To Destination If you want $50 off $150. ‘18 Geyserville is back in some markets [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Bedrock makes a Cabernet (sometimes), and their SB is nice.
The Becheur SB is a 2020 QPR front-runner. If someone told you it was $30, you’d have no problem believing them, but it’s half that.

Jericho Canyon makes a good SB…

Illumination by Quintessa, normally 40-50$ range, occassionally goes on sale to about 30$.

Astounded nobody has mentioned De Negoce. :laughing:

Since we’re largely ignoring the $30 price point, Dana Estates makes a phenomenal Hershey Vineyard SB, along with their cabs.

LOL, just wait for their 2020 RRV Pinot, Chard, DCV Zin and Howell Mtn Cab!

As for S/B
Quivet Cellars McGah Vineyard
Mondavi I-Block