Caterwaul, new project from Rivers Marie with Regusci Vineyard fruit

Order in…

Easy buy

Easy buy indeed. I’m in.

Order in, excited to try these!

Does anyone have the link to this offer?

I find this an exciting thing - a winemaker I really like taking on a new project. Fun to support it and interested in the results!

Plus, my wife says the name sounds like when I sing!

I really like RM and like Regusci, therefore I took a 3-pack. The cost of admission was a little higher than I expected since it’s a “new project”.

Maybe A little High, but reasonable compared to other new Napa Releases. Also a Nice Pedigree. In for 3.

Definitely worth trying a 3-pack. I love every wine I have ever had that TRB makes, and I am a fan of Regusci.

Thanks Matt!

Given the winemaker and the vineyard and the professional reviews, seems like a (relative) bargain, even for a new wine (lots of high end ones popping up these days).

In for 3, why not?

I’ll be curious to see how these taste. I’m not familiar with the Regusci vineyard, but after a quick search over on CT, the notes from other wines that source from here are mixed. That said, TRB can make some fantastic wine.

In for 3. Excited to check it out.

Opened one of the ‘14s tonight. Good stuff. The Cabernet signature is muted (I was wondering if there were other varieties but it appears from the release letter it is 100% CS), but it is really tasty. Definitely reminds me of a TRB wine—which is a good thing!

Anyone on the east coast get these yet - I have not seen any sign of shipping?

Mine coming to east coast on Monday

Mine here today at FED EX hold, no notice of shipping (except Nov 10 update).

We Pobega’d our 2014 this week.

Bright fruit, kinda fruit forward. I’d say a lighter style wine than the RM cabs…but I am over generalizing.

“Dark fresh fruit” scents and a nice perfume (I mean that as a compliment) on the nose. Maybe Bulgarian lavendar or a teensy bit magnolia blossom (very very teeny, but a hint of a night blooming flower.)

No oxidized flavors, this is a modern style cab.

Moderate finish, concentrated on the hard palate and not so much in the back of the mouth. We had it with what might be our final round of tomatoes from the garden for the year. They have a very distinctive flavor profile right now - they taste like they’ve already got olive oil on them and they have a low acid mouth feel. No stew like properties for these little gems. We made a light pasta sauce from them and also ate them fresh and the wine paired very well. The wine’s fruit stayed nicely poised and matched the tomatoes in ‘tone.’ (Dumb wording, but they each seemed to come in at the same ‘color intensity’ for their own flavors.)

I quite enjoyed this wine. My wife didn’t initially say ‘cabernet’ and wondered if it might be a new release zin in the Williams Selyem new style bright berry zins or maybe a more general grape blend with merlot/cab/petit verdot, but she said she did not pick up cab franc notes. As she swirled, the cabernet-ness came to her more.

My wife’s mom loved it and simply nodded. [cheers.gif]

I had a chance to taste a William and Mary cab recently and they reminded me of each other.