Cayuse Futures Day today

Got wish listed Cailloux…

Good pull, Ben. The Cailloux just keeps getting better and better with each passing year. I was wishlisted another 3-pack of Armada – quite possibly my favorite bottling. I’m drinking an 05 Frog this weekend…I think it might be good!

Damn good wine. It was already poppin’ out of bottle back in May. We need to drink some Cayuse soon and maybe you could bring a bottle of my new 2nd favorite producer…Pegau. I saw you had a couple in your cellar flirtysmile

I get Encerise, GOK and now Bionic Frog. What would be the next logical wish list bottling?

Yes which wines you get added first and then wishlisted makes for a very interesting discussion.
I got Cailloux, then Camaspelo, then Impulsivo, and now GOK.

Jared, a friend & I recently opened a 07 Pegu and an 07 Cayuse Cailloux. Both great, but the Cayuse had so much more.

Rich,
Totally depends on your varietal preference. Looks like you are getting two syrahs and a grenache. The Widowmaker is 100% cab, so if you like cabs and would like to see what a frenchman from Champagne can do with it, I’d give that a shot. If you like right bank bordeaux, the Pig is downright filthy – the cab franc in it is so cab franc-y. Then there’s the Impulsivo. A nice modern interpretation of Tempranillo with some Cayuse funk thrown in. If I were you, I’d wishlist everything. Really can’t go wrong!

Nice note on the 05 Cailloux, by the way. Drink and 07 if you get a chance. A freakin’ great wine.

Doug,
I don’t doubt that with the 07 Cailloux. That is a special Cayuse wine. I’ve recently (last year or so) had the 99, 01, 06, and most recently the 00 Pegau Reserve and have been blown away. They seem to possess a lot of the same characteristics that have drawn me to Cayuse. The gamey, meaty, bloody, sauvage-ness that I find so appealing. As a matter of fact, I think I’ll dub Pegau “The Cayuse of Chateauneuf!”

I need to try the Armada again for some reason that is the one bottle I have drank the least of (maybe only once or twice??). I have a love affair with En Chamberlin and do the God Only Knows on the side. Yes I love BF as in Bionic Frog but first loves are what I just mentioned.

I got En Chamberlin, then En Cerise, then GOK, and now Bionic Frog. Hoping for Flying Pig next, but will be happy with anything additional.

well in addition to my GOK I received a 3 pack of Armada this time around. Can’t think of a much better email to receive on this rainy dreary Monday in Washington.

Got En Cerise. Which is totally awesome.

One day I aspire to Flying Pig status.