CellarTracker Questionnaire

I got that as well and when I pressed it a second time to get a screenshot,it went to the very painful survey. Android 11.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.

This particular survey is actually designed to size the “wine world” against general US demographics, so we did choose to ask some very detailed (to the point of invasive) questions upfront to understand where we stack up. We definitely don’t want you to do anything you’re uncomfortable with, so please opt out if it bothers you or is too time consuming. We do recognize that this is extremely long.

The overriding goal here is to in fact double down on CellarTracker and invest MUCH more heavily into improving it. I can’t state it any more simply than that.

So thank you again.

Same here.

The survey vendor had incorrect quota blocks in place. We have gotten many more responses than expected, so the survey started rejecting male respondents at the outset. Incorrectly. It is supposed to be fixed, but initial reports suggest otherwise.

I don’t mean to offend you, Eric, but this is quite possibly the worst survey I’ve come across. I really wanted to participate to get you good data to improve a feature we all love. But I just couldn’t finish it. Unfortunately, I don’t think you’ll achieve what you wanted with this survey.

Anybody understand what this means?
Also, I’m not American! As, I suspect, a good number of CT users are not.

I appreciate the feedback. Deeply and seriously.

Great to read the feedback on the survey. Got it,still plan to do it, but now prepared to spend way too much time filling it out. As other have stated, for anything else, i would have bailed.

1 Like

I was unaware that Canada relocated to another continent. [cheers.gif]

What does it mean? We are trying to do market research to improve our product. That said, clearly some folks feel that the survey overstepped boundaries, and I thank you all for that feedback.

Thank you, that is very generous.

I was stumped when the survey asked whether I dress right or left (sarcasm). Answer is ‘left.’

Seriously, I’ll finish the survey tomorrow. Maybe (and maybe sarcasm).

Thanks Mark. I hope you are well. It has been far too long since I have seen you in LA.

Did the survey and am now curious to see the results, if that is forthcoming. Appreciate the service and was glad to participate.

Cheers,
Doug

I bailed after a few minutes when I saw the % completed creeping. Just curious what percentage of respondents didn’t complete the survey?

Seriously, I wish you luck. Looks like youll have a very large dataset to work with! I hope it will give you a clear roadmap.

I don’t suppose you would contemplate publishing the results in any way?

So, I should have drinks while I do this?

Eric, I want to emphasize that your efforts in making CT the most useful tool for the wine community are appreciated tremendously. But this survey was really just terrible. Almost comically poorly done. I felt my carpal tunnel flaring up as it inched from 45% to 46% which is when I gave up.

The first sting hit when I tried accessing the survey from my Iphone, and got the blocked screen that others have shown. 55% of web traffic now happens on a mobile device, and in this day and age if you have a survey that prohibits mobile devices, you’re off to a really bad start.

Like others, I moved on to my desktop because I am willing to bend backwards to help out CT, but for less committed users, you’ve lost them already. These users will skew younger and much more tech enabled. So that a big problem for your survey and what you’re trying to learn, as it’s now skewed the population that is giving you answers.

The site is highly-functional but definitely not slickly-modern. I’m afraid any “improvement” would e.g. add large photos of bottles to each list entry so I could only see one-and-a-half items per page. Or ads and hiding tasting notes to non-subscribers with popups; promo codes for 30 free months with a high subscription fee and automatic renewals.

I think the look could be refreshed without destroying the site’s wonderfully utilitarian nature. Of course everyone has their own opinions about user interfaces. Apologies for jumping in on your survey thread.

I only clicked through the email because it was from Eric. I bailed when I was asked a personal question I didn’t want to answer and there was not a prefer not to answer response.