CellarTracker Questionnaire

I am deeply conflicted. I am depressed that Eric did not invite me to complete a survey that I would feel put-upon while completing.

3 Likes

Brutal

I am curious about the lack of neutral and don’t know (not the same thing) responses. I was forced to pick the side I disagreed less with in many cases. So the survey ascribes opinions to me that I don’t really hold. I do hope that in spite of this Eric will get valid and useful results.

Another interesting thing - if cell phone users are excluded (which seems odd, it worked just fine on my ipad) I suspect that will give a slight bias to some questions. Maybe not a big deal.

Finally, Eric, did you send the survey to non users? If you are seeking to expand CT coverage their views might be useful.

Longer than expected but, really, not exactly a hardship. I didn’t time it but it might’ve taken 15 minutes or so. The amount of benefit I get from CellarTracker made it feel like something worth doing, especially knowing that I’d get to weigh in on potential future enhancements.

Uh-oh…is classic mode going away? [new-here.gif]

2 Likes

I guess I should feel lucky I got rejected.
champagne.gif

I haven’t done the survey yet, but I am confident that the worst survey(s) are the ones that ask “Are you satisfied with your experience today” rank 1-10 and anything other than a 10 results in the service person losing a bonus.

In big software companies, poorly designed surveys support confirmation bias. Eric has done such a great job with the site that I trust his instincts on where to take this far more than other folks’ opinions. I just hope we don’t lose the essence of what has made this good.

Edit: Robert, I inadvertently ran into ‘classic mode’ the other day from a Google link, what a blast to the past :slight_smile:. Didn’t realize that was there.

Vince, for whatever reason, the survey vendor was having a display glitch on mobile so made the gametime decision to turn it off temporarily until they could resolve that. It was not the plan.

We have already been in the field to a general (non-CT) population for a couple of weeks without issues.

Right, who else still maintains a parallel site from 2003?

1 Like

Eric - if you need another person to fill it out let me know. CTID AValdes

My instinct says that limiting participation via length and complexity of the survey is automatically going to skew the results, but I also know this is not your first product design rodeo. Eric, if you are ever willing to share the reasoning behind this survey design, would be fascinated to hear.

1 Like

FYI, the email invitation I received states I can use mobile, but when I click thru it’s blocked. I no longer use a desktop/laptop at my home so if a product doesn’t work on a phone or tablet I don’t use it.

If I get a chance I’ll try to get it done at my office this week.

this thread is a perfect example to illustrate why you don’t do market research if you want to build something great in tech (or in any industry for that matter).

Received it and completed as soon as I read the email.

I am still a classic mode user [thankyou.gif]

C’mon folks it wasn’t that bad, especially if you don’t overthink the questions. I always go into a survey expecting there to be questions where I’m a square peg. In those cases I just answer as best I can and move on. And the open ended question at the end gave you a chance to clarify any areas you though were muddy, which I did on the “would you pay for it” topic, saying pretty much what others have said above.

There is one thing I thought of after I completed the survey that I would have put in that last box, so I’ll add it here. I would like to see more of a partnership with wineries where they are allowed to provide value added information on their products, especially drinking windows. For a lot of the smaller producers this would be very valuable to me, and presumably to them as well. There’s also the possibility of creating a channel of communication between the producer and customer, assuming the privacy issues can be managed (for example, an alert to the winery if a tasting note reports a flawed wine).

This is one of the most Neal Mollen-est posts I’ve ever read. I lol’ed

2 Likes

Wasn’t too bad, but definitely took longer than anticipated. Wasn’t a ‘15 minute’ survey, especially if you wanted to be thoughtful in your answers.

Suggested a few features that I’d love to see implemented. Looking forward to seeing the new changes

way too long. I gave up about half way through

Eric has certainly learned his users have short attention spans.

1 Like