Ceritas - Save the date 2/4/21

If you like traditional style Cab. you will be hard pressed to find a better Cab than the 2016 Ceritas. Here is a thread from my tasting of the Spring Release of Ceritas which included a preview of the 2016 Cab. A real stunner! Prime SCM fruit in the hands of a great traditional winemaker. Easy decision.

Tom

I also like their cabernet.

I think ā€œthrowbackā€ is a great compliment to it, I consider it a California classic for itā€™s similarities to wines of my past.

Not that they are overtly similar, but the Ceritas reminds me of the A Rafanelli cabs, as well. They are just truly ā€œcabernet-y!ā€

If you are on the fence, grab oneā€¦even if you donā€™t like it, you will get a great glimpse of what the standard used to be.

I love this wine.

Love the Ceritas Cabernet, been buying since the 2012 vintage and itā€™s just a lovely wine with each releaseā€¦in for 4 but considering going back for my other 2 after seeing the positive notes.

is this offer open for purchase yet?

My email said Oct. 10, but I know they have an A list that goes out earlier.

Yes, email arrived today. I think they stagger the releases so if youā€™re newer on the list it could hit you next week(?). Not sure though.

Itā€™s not newer. Iā€™ve been purchasing Ceritas for 5 or 6 years. I think itā€™s on volume. offers go out to the larger buyers first.

Price for the cab is $90 and I am buying little if any cab these days, but it sounds like this vintage will hit my sweet spot.

There are degrees of ā€˜newerā€™ as I have been buying for a decade.

Anyone know production size for the 16 cab? I am under the impression that they only make sub 100 cases of this.

The Cab is coming as part of my ā€œtasting membershipā€. Look forward to that, but I have to say that for me, at $90, itā€™s going to be hard for me to buy that regularly no matter how good it is. I wonā€™t step up onto my pricing soapbox again, but suffice to say that I hope Iā€™ll feel it was good value.

Tom, thanks for the intel
Believe Thursday is when the offer is live for me
I recall they want you to buy 3 of a kind which was why I was contemplating this purchase.

Offer for Cabs is live now.

i love these wines

I picked up two. After reading AGā€™s review, I couldnā€™t resistā€¦

Also grabbed 2. Try one at 10 years of age and the other one maybe at 20

Donā€™t worry about trying a bottle young, theyā€™re pretty delicious on release.

had an 15 when it landed and it was very enjoyable, but my take away was the very special years were a ways down the road

I been buying Ceritas whites, mainly Porter Bass since inception. I havenā€™t been a red buyer, well, since now the cab. The notes are very telling. I am in for two 750ā€™s.

They arrived! [cheers.gif]

IMG_5845.JPG
IMG_5846.JPG

Nice! Pop upon the cab and give us some tasting notes. [berserker.gif]