Champagne Christophe Baron

Well, a heck of a nice review just showed up over on Vinous (96 pts. from Galloni). Just posting FWIW…not passing judgement one way or another.

Everything tastes better from large format!!! [head-bang.gif]

FWIW- sign-ups are live now.

That’s why I’m such a fan of Costco pizza!

Like the guy, like his Cayuse wines… and i assume i’m not required to buy 3 packs of this… for $240 for a mag… i’m in, if anything just to try it.

I already have one in the cellar champagne.gif

How do we entice you to open it up and spill the beans…that’s the problem with onesies I guess. I’m guilty of holding them too long.

If my remodel ever ends, that might be cause!

$1.50 dog and drink is a much better deal flirtysmile

We can so rarely rationalize dropping $120+/750 on anything, even things we know we like so this was an easy pass for us. There’s lots of sub $120 champagne we know and love that we’re not buying that much of (larmandier bernier anyone?) so this wasn’t even remotely tempting. Honestly Christophe’s series of increasingly exclusive offers gets a bit of a chuckle from me, I mean, he’s a great winemaker but still, it’s kind of amusing to watch. I’m waiting for a Christophe dessert wine to come out, one case of 375s, where only the 12 victors in a Thunderdome get the privilege to buy.

Ok so I win a lottery I’m pretty sure I was trying to lose to avoid the temptation. Curiosity may get the best of me here.

I buy magnums. They are perfect for parties of 12-20+ people.

I am curious…if you did get an allocation is it greater than 1?

Pulled the trigger. Only 1/1000 mag per person.

I was allocated one as well and bought it. I don’t want to be the one to attempt to properly input this into CellarTracker!

Pretty sure it will all be 1 per for this year.

Update: it’s been added to CT. Properly. I tried and got all fouled up with the vineyard and region and, and…

I made the list as well. I am kind of curious… anyone who entered the lottery NOT get an allocation?

in for 1 as well

I didn’t get an offer.