Champagne goes with everything...but what is its IDEAL food pairing?

This would make an awesome meet-up theme. champagne.gif

Gougeres, Charcuterie

I’ll add a few more opinions.

the stronger the mousse and acidity the better it pairs with fried foods. Ditto for creamy cheeses.
For meats I’d want at least some pinot noir or meunier
For wagyu I’d want a combination of the last two along with a low dosage
I would look to a richer style to pair with roast chicken as well as gougeres (though that also depends to some extent on what cheese you use)

Indeed. champagne.gif

That could work!

This all day. Classic Lays.

i’m going with stone crabs and mustard sauce
one of my favorite combos

There is nothing better with Champagne than truffled popcorn. champagne.gif

Anyone have a simple recipe for truffled popcorn?

Make popcorn. Drizzle truffle oil and add truffle salt to taste. If you really want flavor to punch you in the face, use a microplane to add fresh Parmesan as well.

Try this place for black truffle salt & white truffle oil that don’t taste artificial: https://www.tfsnyc.com

Thanks !!

My method:
Melt coconut oil in large pan, add 3 kernals wait until all three pop. Take off heat, add kernals wait for kernals to warm 30-45 sec, put back on heat.

In heavy sauce pan, melt butter and then add chives. Saute chives for 30 seconds, add truffle oil and take off heat.

Once popping slows, take off heat, add butter mixture to pan. Then dump contents of pan into a paper grocery bag. Add salt and parmesan in batches, shaking bag to mix everything. Pour into large bowl to serve.

1. Pop corn.

2. Add truffle butter.

3. Sprinkle with truffle salt.

4. champagne.gif

This ^ is the only suggestion so far that features truffle, rather than 2,4-Dithiapentane.

Yeah, I was biting my tongue at the recommendations for truffle oil.

I haven’t found a truffle oil that I like. Some truffle butter is better than others, but they are all better than any truffle oil I’ve tried. And popcorn needs butter anyway, so…

There is such a thing as truffle oil that’s infused with real truffles. We buy this locally:

I can’t speak for whether The Filling Station uses real truffles like Bariani for the oil, but their salt is just truffles.

There’s also this, but I’ve never tried it:
http://www.oregontruffleoil.com