Checkerboard Cabs- I Tasted Them (and, wow)

with parker scores like that, would anyone buy??? not that a 95 isn’t terrific, but it sure ain’t 250 terrific. things only go south for '08 and '09.

i long for the day new wineries ask big bucks for wines with no track record and better yet no parker scores.

Kevin, I definitely would NOT be a buyer at that price. I’d be offering my allocation to you. Haha.

I say $185

On second thought weren’t we heading towards a deflation like 6 months back…and aren’t we still in a crummy econommy to be seeing these crazy prices

[berserker.gif]

$125 with a forced 3 pack or $175 per. I signed up, but very unlikely to a buyer once it (and it will) crosses the $100 threshold. Very few wines get my money at that point (read Maybach and KL Reserves). But those are wines with a track record (relatively). Throwing around names of consultants and resumes of vineyard managers does nothing for me. Implying how expensive it was to build the winery, if anything, turns me off. I’m not paying for the shrine you built to yourself. Tell me what the VINEYARD has produced (or at least its adjacent neighbors), then I’ll start listening with my wallet and giving you the benefit of the doubt at these new age price points.

I signed up for the list 6 days ago and got in so I am guessing the list is VERY SOFT which is why I say no more than $125/bottle. I am probably wrong but i am hoping for all of our sakes I am not. I see the first offering being around that price and going up rapidly from there once they get some buzz.

I will go with their 2nd wine, unless they link them.

I am guessing $200. Levy & McClellan was quite high and they don’t seem concerned about it. At that price, I would pass. Production is small so I assume they are not worried.

Saw the email blast go out, saw my account registration at August 2008! We’ll see what the pricepoint is, there are a lot of hungry winemakers vying for my bonus check, and the wife’s cut of that is getting ever increasingly larger…

Any sightings on this? Mid-March seems to have come and gone…

+1 - What’s the scoop?

I heard from a little bird that my prediction was/is correct…$175 a bottle with a three pack forced.

wow…well I wont be buying if your bird is right

+1 I am not interested in feeding the egos of these new cult wannabe wineries.

Yeah, if that is the pricing, I’m not sure I get it. I don’t see how that will entice people off of the bench to become active buyers. Maybe if it’s a 100 pointer it would entice some… I dunno.

I got a letter today in the mail with username/password. When I logged in the website said that orders would begin April 6th. No word yet on price.

looks like Bill was right, $175 with a forced three pack

easy pass for me

Hold it… weren’t people wanting $150 and feeling that was fair? And it’s $175 which is in that ball park… So… really? You’d want 1 or 2 but not 3?

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by this anymore, but I am. A new wine, no track record, RP95, $175.

Huh.

I think I’m gonna go back and reorder another case of '07 ACV Reserve (RP93-95) for about the same money as the Checkerboard 3 pack.

all of this craziness is just getting ridiculous.