Chicago Nov 4th (Monday) - 6 PM (The Gage)

Thanks Scott, appreciate the work. Looking forward to it.

Thank you Scott. Looking forward to meet everyone.

I’ll join, as well, if that’s alright!

Scott, let me know if we’re able to expand the res to 6 people, or if you’d like me to call!

I’m glad you can join us, Bobby.

We have a reservation for 6 at 6:00.

Hey guys, I just wanted to introduce myself - I am the +1 that Adam mentioned. I am looking forward to meeting you guys and drinking some good wine.

Any thoughts on a theme?

Glad this is happening, sorry I cannot fly in to take part. Andre is a great guy, had lots of fun at an OL with him a couple years ago.

Patrick–welcome to the board!

Mike

Mike, thank you for the kind words.
Hope we can share some stories and wines not to long in the future.

Bobby and Patrick, glad you could join.

About the theme, I don’t have any particular in mind.
Bring something nice?

andre, what do you generally like drinking?

My personal default will be some champagne, but, I can easily go in a bunch of different directions

Champagne would be an option. I can bring 09 Dom.

I am a novice with Champagne but happy to pick some up or perhaps bring some Burgundy or Barolo/Barbaresco ?

Also, Patrick welcome to the board.

Thank you all for the welcome.

I was thinking that a Burgundy night would be interesting, as I am very much a novice on the region and interested in learning more. But, Champagne is a favorite of mine and always a good time.

For what it’s worth - Piedmont and Germany are my strong suits.

We could do champagne and burgundy. I can bring a 15 Bichot Les Rugiens 1er Cru.

I never have a problem with this champagne.gif

I’ll bring an 08 Dublere Volnay Tailepieds and a 12 Dhondt-Grellet Le Bateau Extra-Brut

Hey Chicago Gang - Looks like I’ll be in town on the week of the 4th and staying only a few blocks away. Would love to join if you have room for one more! champagne.gif

don’t let this guy in, whatever you do! [grin.gif]

I updated the first post.

Scott, is it possible to add Clifton?

Welcome, Clifton! I increased the reservation to 7 people at 6:00.

I can bring 2 burgundies since I’m light on champagne knowledge. Was thinking 2008 Philippe Leclerc Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Combes aux Moines, and 2010 Aurelien Verdet Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Aux Boudots. Happy to adjust if needed, just let me know.

Sounds great, fellas.
I am planning to bring a 2014 Benoit Dehu Cuvee La Rue Noyers Blanc de Noirs and 2006 Domaine Marquis d’Angerville Volnay 1er Cru Les Fremiets.

I’ll bring a 2013 Heresztyn-Mazzini Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Champonnets.