Christmas Menu

It was a Christmas tradition for Arnold.

And this was in the Philippines.

Anyone have big plans for holiday dinners?

Lots. All in one night, but no movie.

I’m going to do a high end Japanese Curry With Winter Squash and Mushrooms. Top it with wagyu fried in panko. Starting out with bite sized toasted piece of japanese milk bread topped with a dollop of ricotta and lemon zest. This will be followed with seared scallop thinly sliced seasoned with yuzu furikake. Paired with a elegant and complex sake. A salad to transition into the main course will include pomegranate, pear, apple, and thinly sautéed brussel sprouts, lightly dressed with actual fresh olive oil. May or may not do these extremely crispy roasted potatoes and add a smoked sea salt alongside honey glazed tarragon carrots. This will get paired with a Burgundy or perhaps a wine from the Rhone. The Japanese curry will be paired with a California Chardonnay made by Sonoe Hirabayashi.

Gravlax
Roast duck with orange
Duck fat potatoes
Brussels sprouts with pancetta
Red cabbage
Passion fruit cake.

Taittinger rose 2007
Rhys Chardonnay 2013
1998 VCC and 1998 Magdelaine
Millennium Port (a tawny with some serious bottle age)

Working Christmas Day😔. Whatever the company feeds us

Oof. Can you bring your own little treats? Like I’d order some BBQ or something so I could have brisket at least on xmas.

One??? [snort.gif]

Just one sheep…

1 Like

For 12
“Prime” Prime Rib, cold smoked, cooked on low in the oven then broiled to finish (reverse seared).
Emerils exotic mushroom bread pudding with homemade worcestershire sauce and port wine reduction.
Roasted Brusselsprouts, shallots, balsamic
Green beans & Almonds

Deserts:
Poached pears with raspberry sauce and whipped cream
Pecan Tart
Apple Tart.

Can’t have it any other way.

Wife is Italian and has always had lasagna. Tons of appetizers and cheeses to go with it.

Christmas Eve is always pasta of some sort. Probably do ravioli again but ??

Christmas Day we’re doing a rib cap, garlic mashed potatoes, caramelized Brussel sprouts

Christmas eve is Brazilian shrimp stew plus a few other fish. Christmas will include a slow roasted whole filet mignon and crab cakes. Rest TBD.

Christmas Eve
Beef Wellington
Hasselback Potato Gratin again
That’s as far as I’ve gotten

Christmas my Son-in-Law wants to do a brisket on my BGE.

1 Like

Dude, no kidding. Tell us where you work and we can Door Dash, Uber Eats, or Grub Hub you!

You never know what might arrive!

Wish you the best.

1 Like

Still thinking.

Christmas Eve is usually chilled seafood. Maybe a scallop ceviche or something simple. It’s also a sparkling wine night, typically.

Christmas Day looks to be a smoked prime rib, make some mashed taters (washed, of course,) Sous vide carrots, mushroom wild rice/pine nut ragout…you folks are making me feel so unimaginative!

Do you have a recipe for the potatoes?

Headed to the Indian restaurant for Christmas with some bubbles and 2001 Riesling.

Christmas Eve we’ll probably slum it with some filets or something.

He hasn’t been active in over 5 years