Christmas Menu

I recommend this recipe

Misery is Christmas without Chinese food. The drive is quick and worthwhile, especially since most people will be stuck with their families and hence off the road.

Just the main courses as there are too many items to list if I include everything:

Christmas Eve dinner: duck al orange & roast beef

Christmas Dinner: Cochinillo Segoviano - the real deal from Segovia, imported and cooked here by a Spanish chef (who happens to be a friend of mine).

The pandemic palindromic?

M.Kaplan wrote:
My daughter is poised to deliver her first baby on the palindromic 12.22.21, so we won’t be going to her in-laws’ giant Irish Xmas in Bronxville this year.

Anyone know of good Chinese takeout open on Xmas in/near Norwalk, CT?

Mark, I do not have any good recommendations for some good takeout in CT, but did want to congratulate you, your daughter and your family for the upcoming birth!!

champagne.gif

Ed

1 Like

T. Altmayer wrote:
Wife is Italian and has always had lasagna. Tons of appetizers and cheeses to go with it.

Tom, my Mom’s side of the family came from Trebia and lasagna was always a centerpiece of the meal when we went over there for Christmas. I can totally relate!

Cheers,
Ed

Not as fancy as most of you, but I’m only preparing for my brother and a friend. Slow cooker maple brown sugar ham, goat cheese scalloped potatoes, southern-style green beans, Mama’s pecan pie. All are fairly easy to prepare and really delicious. Looking forward to a day of NFL and NBA.

Is there a red wine that would go with this (PN? Zin?) or is it better to serve a white?

https://www.chingsct.com/

I’m getting Peking duck from Peter Chang this afternoon after I get off work.

Work is ordering from a local diner for lunch. I’m getting a Cuban panini :frowning:

1 Like

Came out pretty well last night.

1 Like

A7C793A4-3BB5-4987-8ED4-16457A0463A9.jpeg
‘12 Mousse Fils
‘92 Anderson’s Conn Valley
‘94 Hermann Ludes Auslese

Dinner of the 25th at home.
E7304634-B310-4F15-986A-5E7ABC50B9EC.jpeg
Sopa de Ajo (garlic soup)
F6E86915-DF25-42A9-94F6-E4B222CCC1CC.jpeg
Baked Prawns
9B5DE223-78A3-4747-873F-52668FC4CFDC.jpeg
Cochinillo Segoviano (roasted suckling pig from Segovia)
76ABAC7D-B9AF-46FB-9B9C-5067E6C508B6.jpeg
Rosemary Potatoes
677AF978-1B90-4BA5-BA4D-C3DF1BE250A4.jpeg
Salad
965B237C-99D6-4516-80FD-62572F6A97AA.jpeg
Red for the roast suckling pig

3 Likes

435E4853-9CA9-4098-BD74-47B944DD1161.jpeg
Prime rib, exotic bread pudding, green beans almondene and roasted Brussels sprouts with pancetta

Nice cook on the prime rib… what’s exotic bread pudding? Bread pudding with chili pepper?

Dang, pictureless here.

Smoked a prime rib. (Dry rub with brown sugar included, smoker at 500, 15 minutes, then 3.5 hours at 225.)

Sous vide carrots (For flavor overlap, a tine bit of brown sugar and butter into the sous vide bag. Sous vide at 180 for 2 hours. It took two sous vide wands to accomplish this.)

Mashed potatoes (made in the usual fashion.)

Wild rice, mushroom, pine nut ragout.

Served with an '83 Latour and a 2015 Peter Michael Cuvee Indigine.

Sorry, it’s called exotic mushroom bread pudding and is served with homemade worschester sauce and reduced port sauce. It might have been the best thing on the plate.
There are quite a few really good recipes in this cookbook.

I cold smoked the prime rib for 30 minutes using pecan early in the day, then cooked it in the oven so I could be inside with our guests.