Chubb experience: Perfect outcome. Wine lost, via human error.

We have called Customer Service twice in that regard, and the representatives told us to check with nearby pickup stores, which would know nothing about what the drivers grabbed.

Sorry to hear about this, Victor

The wine is gone sorry to say.
No proof of who has it or proof of value of the loss.

The only hope is to plant yourself in the lobby and wait for the driver. He or she may be your only hope of knowing where it was last seen.

When I had my business, my clerks would courier packages almost every day. It drove me nuts when I would see a box without a label on it. The clerk would always tell me the courier knows where itā€™s going. I knew that shit happens and a box without any ID is more or less a box lost.

No security cameras?

There are. The staff may have placed my box into the Fedex pickup pile.

That was amazing. Gotta be one of my top posts of the year!

Sorry that happened Victor! Of course it couldnā€™t have been a box of winehunter value wine from Winebid or something :frowning:

He probably got them for a total of $125 on Winebid. champagne.gif

Victor , hope somehow it turns out ok

[wow.gif]

Front desk enjoyed your wine. As I am told. Sad. but remember, at least it is not burgundyā€¦

Chubb will cover the full loss if no recovery.

Curious about this. A typical policy will cover peril and not personal loss.

i have a collectibles policy, along with an umbrella liability policy.

No way this happened.
Victor doesnā€™t buy expensive wines.
[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

I paid almost $60 for each of those bottles. neener

Ouch, sorry to hear this.

Wow

Yeah, this human error is mostly on you Victor. Iā€™m sure the people manning your front desk are generally good and reliable. Itā€™s asking a lot for them to handle incoming and outgoing boxes every day (UPS, FedX, other services, individuals, etc.) without clear markings on one of them. Especially when the contents are deemed ā€œvaluableā€.

RT

Agreed, entirely.

Over two trips, I brought to Noo Yawk the wines which I had kept in Chicago, for my father to enjoy. My mom is relocating soon to a separate, new apartment in our building.
Fortunately, the Haut Brion and La Mission Haut Brion 1990 and Alvear Pedro Ximinex Solera 1927 (birthyear) are now safely in my Noo Yawk offsite storage. They have more sentimental value than the ones lost.

P.S.: Last night, the front desk told me that the lost box actually had a Fedex label on it, which may explain why the Fedex driver took it. If true, and the scan shows the box to be a prior, completed delivery, the box might conceivably be recovered.