Chubb experience: Perfect outcome. Wine lost, via human error.

Sad about your wine, glad about your mom moving into your building

My parents moved into our building, an ideal situation.

Instead of having it picked up, why not take it to your facility yourself?

Victor,

Sorry to hear about this. Hope it works out in the end.

FWIW, this could have been easily avoided if you owned a house in the burbs…no staff to place things in the wrong pile.

1 Like

My Rolls-Royce was re-possessed.

And plenty of room to store wine…and other junk.

What!!! Are you suggesting he goes outside during a pandemic?

I have been flying often back and forth to Chicago, to help Mom with her home sale and relocation. She should be moved into her new apartment here before Memorial Day. Then, I will head off to Newport, to race in the New York Yacht Club Regatta. We went to Union Square Cafe last night, for our 21st Anniversary dinner. Good to get closer toward normal.

My Bordeaux group got together for the first time last night in well over a year. Good to get together. Good to see a lot of people out and about in NYC. And really good to drink a bunch of first growths!

If you are racing yachts, I doubt very much you will miss the wine. Just sayin.

Not mine. Too poor. That is why I had to buy these wines at previous prices.

Now, if all you stock-picking gurus could share a thin wedge of your profits, a boat charter at least might be possible.

Chubb’s collectibles policy looks pretty liberal and should cover your loss. The umbrella doesn’t come into play.

I believe this to be my first insurance claim ever.

That’s pretty awful Victor. I hope they recover the bottles. I never even thought this could happen.

I used to have my front desk (when I lived in a FS building) do this for me all the time, although it was 95% taking in deliveries rather than pushing out boxes.

It’s neat to have parents move into a building with you as it gives them some independence, but close enough to just pop in/out as they need help. We were planning on doing that with one set of parents, but in the end they deteriorated too fast for independent living of that sort.

I wonder since you seem to imply that the box you were recycling had an old FedEx label if it would be attempted to be delivered to the address on the label or returned to the original sender of the box (if you know this)? You would think that during the scanning process at FedEx a red flag would have been raised. Good luck.

1 Like

The building staff specifically recalls seeing a Fedex label with my name, on the re-used box. The box itself was styrofoam shipper fitted to hold nine wine bottles, likely from Winebid.
If there was a label on it, one might think that Fedex would have caught it as a used label, and rejected the pickup. If not rejected, the box might likely to be sent to Winebid, my mom’s house (she is living there until the end of this month), or to my Noo Yawk apartment building.

So odd.

You could probably get a good deal on a slightly used foiling mono hull.

With metal bandages on one side.

During a pandemic, belittling people who might suffer from co-morbidities or weakened immune systems seems odd, indeed morbidly cold.

1 Like

The box did have an old Fedex label, being the taped-up one on the lower right of this photo from last year. Let’s see what transpires.

image1.jpeg

Given that you belittle people on a regular basis, it seems completely appropriate.

2 Likes