Cinderellawine.com (merged)

I discovered recently that WL (and now Cinderella) can no longer ship to us in Georgia.
Certainly not WL’s fault - my last couple of attempted online orders with various stores/wineries hit snags due to Ga shipping laws.

Does anyone in Ga. have experience setting up an account with the Alabama ABC stores for receiving and storing deliveries?

Gary, you are the devil. OK, extrapolating from yesterday and today I am going to be spending $100 per day on Cinderellawine. Let’s see, that comes to $36,500 per year, right?

I had better look up the address of the local poor-house…

Shite! Forgot to check last night and got shut out this morning when I checked in. Damn it!!!

this midnight EST is killing the east coast folks; unfair advantage to the west coast! [swearing.gif]

West coasters have an advantage just through being on the West Coast, broseif.

You sit through this Spanish Wine Academy Seminar.

We cannot all be rich and famous and humbled like you, Gary!

Victor is waking up in Spain this morning to find that Gary has obliterated his price point. :wink:

Good wine, good price…the Spanish market is drying up, as predicted.

If 2005s are selling for half price, how will 2006, 2007 and 2008 sell? With worse Jay Miller scores? I think not.

Glad to see something I can pass on, for a change. I hope they sell a lot of the stuff, there is probably a big market for this kind of thing.

Still better than I can get it here by a LONG shot.
I’m in

After the last couple of offers, I think we need a bit more full disclosure before completely jumping on board, i.e you have wines selling for 30% or more below the absolute lowest price seen online, and it makes one wonder what the catch is. The scenarios that pop to mind which give me pause are (1) wine lots of dubious provenance, (2) Sierra Carche-type situations and (3) wines which, while not total bombs ala S. Carche, just have not panned out after initial big scores and are not moving for this reason. Anyone else have misgivings…if it sounds too good to be true, is it so in this case? How can they manage such a wafer-thin margin?

Nate

there are oceans of great deals out there to be had these days. If you like the wine, have no misgivings and buy it.

when the economy fully recovers, then the deals will not be so sweet (unless they are all aussie wines).

No doubt, Dan, the Conterno wasn’t for everyone, although I jumped on it, and the FS isn’t for everyone, but I think strictly speaking about the scores, there may be some people encouraged to buy when presented with the 93+ JR alongside what may be seen as an inflated DRJ score.

I just got 3, and I think it would be fun to do a Cinderella offline. Everybody bring a bottle from Cindy. I bet we would have some interseting QPR’s that are food friendly. Thanks GV! [dance-clap.gif]

Nate,

Do you know much about TWL? Casting out misguided accusations about provenance/storage is not the right direction to go in on this one. Gary certainly has the size and market pull to negotiate hard with a distributor, get a killer price on 50-100cs of wine they want to move, and put it out there and have it disappear in a day. Even if he makes nothing on these wines, I’m sure the traffic driven to the site pays for itself in other ways for him.

Talking about how bad the wine is maybe. Aussie shiraz?

Cinderella just turned into a pumpkin.

I started out thinking “well, I don’t need any Shiraz, period.” And I went to bed without buying.

Overnight it hit me, this is exactly the sort of wine my wife needs to take to her choir rehearsals. She loves a “rich” red, inexpensive. And I can get this without even driving to a wine shop. So I got some after all. I think it’s good to take to, say, an informal party where the guests are not too wine savvy.

Glad it was still available this morning.

I’m always looking for “book club wine” I hate it when they drink my good stuff.

The site is down, what was the offer this time? Not like I really need to spend more money as someone generously shared a couple bottle of conterno with me at the ridiculous price.

Gary, when my wife files for divorce, I’m blaming you…

And flu…