Commerce corner non-payers/non-senders sticky!

Phillip -

I have the same issue with Jonathan Sirot. I bought a three pack of Ultramarine in September 2019 with a promised ship date shortly after receipt. All I’ve received is a laundry list of excuses similar to what you have listed. He was supposed to finally ship them after his trip from the Bahamas on February 8th. I reached out a couple weeks later to give him a little time but no response from him again.

I’ve done business with him one other time and didn’t have any issues so unfortunately sent him my payment via paypal FF. I honestly have no idea what’s going on with him and this is a very disturbing trend from a long time WB member. I hope others aren’t in this situation.

1 Like

I’ve done business w him once and things were fine but I use Amex for every cc transaction as they’ll always refund you no matter what, even if it’s through PPFF

No idea what this is about, but I have ordered from Sommpicks.com a bunch of times. I havent had any issues. When you buy older wines its a gamble.

1 Like

Anyone currently missing bottles from Matthew Beckman from New york?

I understand you are not a fan of the sign in requirement, but we refunded this order the day after it was placed on our website.

UPDATE TO THIS NONSENSE WITH REPEATED REQUESTS TO SHIP WINE THAT WOULD BE FROZEN. I DID REFUND PHIL VIA PAYPAL AND WILL PROVIDE PROOF TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS WHO WISH > TO SEE IT> I DONT PATICIPATE MUCH ON THIS BOARD AMY MORE FOR A MULTITUDE OF REASONS. ANY OF MY MANY FRIENDS I HAVE MET ON THE BOARD KNOW HOW TO CONTACT ME> THANKS

Jonathan -

Please refund me for the undelivered wines via PayPal. I cannot wait any longer.

Jonathan Sirot update:

After filing a refund request with PayPal my money was returned.

He also sent this bat-bleep crazy PM after my money was refunded, apparently he didn’t know PayPal had already returned my money:

“PHIIT IS THE MIDDLE OF WINTER FOR CRISSAKES ! I UNEXPECTEDLY … WAS OFFERED A FREE !!! VACATION BHY MY WHACKO !!! type AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AGRESSIVE psycho sister A FREEE FRICKING ROOM IN A 3 BEDROOM 3 bath townhome in the GODDDAMMMMMM BAHAMAS IN Freeporrrrrrrrt B A H A M A S !!! IDIOT !!! go CRAM IT CLOWN !!! AS WE USED TO SAY IN COLLLLLLLLEGGGGEE ???LUJHKJNHJGJYGUJYFKFKJHYFKKFKJYFKYFKUYFRUYFJHGFGFKHYFKFY DOUCHE !!! I HAVE OVER HAVER 240 successful transactions on CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC CORNER !!! I HAVE NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER [ do I make myself clear ???&&&&%%%###### ??? EVENH THOUGH IT IS 20 that’s ( BELOW FREEZIUNG !!!}}} FRIGGIN DEGGGREEES IN NORTHAMPTOIN MASSSSS !!! RIGHT NEXT TO THE GODDDDAMN RECREATIIONAL MARIJUANA !!! DISPENSARY !!! AT THE FRICKIN QUALITY INN ON WHO KNOWS WHat street ??? why don’t you smoke some and chill out ??? or dOzen shots of paron silver ??? I did exactly one SHOT LAST NIGHT AT rovers bar in middlefield CT ) XXXXX MY New phone for one of the THREE BUSINESES I OWN !!! is XXX-XXX-XXXX it is a Samsung s10 with A REALLY NICE 16 mp CAMNERA !!! I am a pro photographer !!! I am just ramPINHG UP AFTER DABBLING FOR ONLY YEARS SINCE I WAS 9 WITH A KODAK POCKET CAMERA !!! don’t call me I will Scream loud !!! your wine will DEVELOP ice cRYSTALS AT AROUND 18 DEGREES AND FREEZE AT 15 DEGREES !!! r u a rookie ??? obviously !!! call dennis and windy WHOI HAVE ATTENDED MY ct group every other month for the last 3 years ??? no no no DONT dennis used to be violent !!! give me your pAYPAL ADDRESSS AND I WILL FEFUND YOUR MONEY IN A FEW WEEKS WHEN I RETURN from savannah ga WHERE MY SON XXXX IS GETTING STRAIGHT a s … LEAVE ME ALONE !!! jonathan sirot IF YOU CALL ME I WILL SICK MY AYTORNEY FRIEND ON YOU !!! bbbye !!! jns 3 PS have visited ARUBA Bahamas AND NOW m
MASS AND TOMORROW savannah Ga and I broke up with my 7 year girlfriend big deal… married 17 years yet 7 years with gf…loser you will get your efund when I get time !!! YOU AND THE OTHER PRICK who hounded me got his money weeks ago !!! but never reported the fact !!! get a life !!!”

It’s good to know he’s got a “REALLY NICE 16 mp CAMNERA” I guess. But this is pretty much what PMs and phone conversations are like with Jonathan while trying to resolve him not shipping what and when he has promised. if this is what someone on WB wants to deal with then by all means have a go.

In summary, Jonathan promised several times to ship the wine when weather was good across the country but did not. He agreed to refund my money on 2/17 by PayPal, and promised it on that day, which he did not do. I waited 48 hours then filed a refund request on 2/19 with PayPal and was refunded on 3/3.

I have requested Jonathan stop PM-ing me.

1 Like

It has been many months and multiple unresponded emails, but I too am owed by Jonathan.

Really sorry to hear. Apparently he had time to post on here and doesn’t like to respond to pm’s or make people whole by refunding their money.

I was lucky to get my Jonathan Sirot refund through PayPal resolution because I paid the extra Goods and Services fees. Looks like there are at least three of you who have problems with him. You may want to consider contacting the Middlefield CT police department or even the FBI for possible fraud.

Philip - that PM is mind boggling. Yikes. And it’s particularly disturbing in the context of numerous others also being stiffed.

When someone says they will pay you, then doesn’t pay, it is almost always a cashflow issue.
Jonathan should just own up to that and say he needs more time to get his cashflow issue in order.

Or he could just go ahead and ship the wines that were sold. That shouldn’t cost him anything unless he sold the said wines to multiple people. Regardless, what he is doing is criminal.

1 Like

Taking in money for wine one has, and then refusing to release said wine, is a cash flow issue? That’s pretty questionable.

Going full bore psycho on a PM, however, goes well beyond any notion of cash flow.

He said he was out of the country. Understandable he couldn’t ship.
He said he would refund over Paypal, but did not. This is what I am talking about. IF you say you will send money but do not, it usually means you don’t have the money. Sending money with Paypal takes 30 seconds - you can do that anywhere in the world with your phone.

Beware of Lauren Hodges of Colorado.

Lauren reached out to me recently via e-mail in response to my ISO post on Commerce Corner. Sent me photos of the bottles I was interested in and my payment was sent to her on Monday April 6th via paypal f&f (mistake on my end). She promised that the wines would be shipped out on Wednesday April 8th. No update on that day, no response to my e-mails until Friday April 10th. She promised then that the wines will definitely go out the next day and cited family emergency as a reason for delay. Since then, she has gone dark. Number of e-mails sent, but no response at all. Planning on submitting a chargeback request. Very disappointing to say the least and I would advise everyone to stay away from her.

username: laurenjh (Lauren Hodges)
email address: ljhodges64@yahoo.com

Jonathan Sirot is not responding anymore and owes me Next Of Kyn bottles. Transaction was before I read the negative reviews on here about him.

Rob - really sorry to hear you got scammed as well. If this happened well after issues surfacing then I’m not sure why his account is still even allowed to be active after several complaints coming to light about his theft from several members.

What a shame to read about this… again.