Consistently superb: Flannery

I won’t order because I don’t eat frozen meat. So surprised everyone here does.

It’s not shipped frozen, at least the CA reserve isn’t.

I’d much rather eat Flannery that I’ve frozen than fresh beef from pretty much any other source

We had the hanger steak last night in a soy sauce/balsamic vinegar marinade that was mighty mighty good. My first meat since December.

Me neither. I get the worst ice cream headache.

[pillow-fight.gif]

I agree. I’ve also found that the reduced moisture content from dry aging makes a real and positive difference in how well Flannery steaks hold up to freezing. I had a California Reserve strip last weekend that has been in the freezer for at least a year and it was outstanding.

Why? Have you tried meat of this quality?

Ah, but you haven’t lived until you’ve had a nice blended Meatarita.

Chunks of Flannery frozen filet, your favorite red wine…blend and serve!

Serve with steak tartare!

The usual issue with freezing beef is the freezing of the water content. Very little water content in Flannery dry aged beef.

have you ever been to a restaurant?

Thread convinced me to have one tonight!

JD

Passionfish fo sho.

Had a Waygu Filet from Flannery bought during BD9 (that’s over a year ago)… tasted great… definitely not the same as me freezing a left over steak and making it a few weeks later…

On Saturday night, we had a Flannery 16oz Domestic Wagyu Strip that I purchased maybe two years ago. Had no issue with freezer burn, texture, etc. It is on the far right. Color is a bit off as steaks have been salted and the moisture was just removed with a paper towel.

What the heck is on the far left? a slab of butter with some beef injected?! looks awesome.

A5 BMS10+ from Japan

Niceee.
Best of the 4 pieces is?

Neck and neck with the one to its right which was from our cow.

Ewwww you eat cows, Tex?

Only when I run out of tofu and quinoa.