Consumption in 2020

Consumption up a good deal - not eating out and not traveling were a good part of the reason - that’s probably 60 dinners in a year alone not at home (and I rarely record restaurant wines). Though being at home without a commute meant a bit more time for wine in the evening.

Way, way down. For me, a direct correlation between socializing and wine consumption.

It would have been nice to have a stash of 375s for the many nights I wanted a single glass…

Way way up! As were my purchases.

I’m trying a modified Dry January, weekends only. Today is the cold turkey. As I sit in my office with multiple cases of goodies that have been delivered last couple of weeks…

Sigh. Like many people I stocked up on a whole bunch of different alcohols for cocktail making last year.

Like many people I now have a dozen bottles of misc. alcohols with 1-2 oz consumed sitting in my liquor cabinet gathering dust.

Our 2020 consumption was on a pretty even keel at a little less than a bottle per day.

Consumption up probably by 30-35%…and like Sarah, we turned out to be “enablers”. Making sure my missing friends had enough to drink (cue the sunday drive-by 6-pack wine delivery). Attended about 10 of Dirty and Rowdy’s saturday zoom sessions with wine and jazz. And when it came time for gift-giving this year, it was nearly all wine…25 Kellie Fox 2-pks for my wife’s underlings…6 Dirty and Rowdy 6-pks for our missing wine couples…and 5 or 6 L’Aventure single bottles to my wife’s CFO peers. And many of our evening single-bottle meals was prefaced by a Manhattan or Margharita.

2 Likes

Gosh CT says

512 Bottles in 2020
377 Bottles in 2019
411 Bottles in 2018

Seems about right for our house. In 2020 we now have 3rd wine drinker house guest for the last six months of 2020. We all evacuated California fires at the same time and just decided to stay in Utah. @SteveR’s comments had me thinking and laughing out loud. I’m glad I’m not the only one doing drive by 6 pack deliveries for friends in need and tasting friends I never get to taste with anymore. I can’t keep track of how much wine from Quarantine sales etc that I had shipped to friends around the country. Biggest factor in more consumption I think aligns with others. Working at home. There are always at least 2-3 bottles open on the counter just staring at you…

and none of this accounts for Craft Beer consumption which was up way over 100% thanks to Sante Adarius, Strike, Bare Bottle, Russian River, Moon raker, and Revision

1 Like

Twelve? Did I read that correctly?!

LOL, from someone who has 19522 posts (NTTAWWT). champagne.gif

For those who know exactly how many bottles you drank, how are you tracking your consumption?

Cellartracker reporting.

1 Like

We’ve mostly been drinking pinot noir and beaujolais, so I’ve instituted a moratorium on buying anything else until my cellar evens out. I’ve also given up on tracking purchases in Cellartracker as my ~300 bottles per year was getting too burdensome, and I always forgot to mark off the ones I drank. I like going and looking in my wine fridge anyway to see what’s there.

Consumpion? Way way up. I ordered 3 cases alone of a Scherrer pinot @ $25 a bottle that I loved that went on sale during March/April.

193 bottles in 2020. Probably another 60+ drinking with family in our bubble out of their cellar.

Only 74 in 19’, wife was pregnant and drinking was way down.

2021 should continue like 2020 for most of the year.

my 2020 consumption was up.
I don’t think we missed a day without wine although for us only at dinner and rarely lunch.
Also, cocktails were up.
All consumed at home.

2017: 112
2018: 124
2019: 154
2020: 235

I fell into some local wine groups at the end of last year and I guess it shows in my 2020 consumption. Beer and cocktails went down accordingly.

79 (recorded) consumed from my own stash, up from 64 last year. Moved out of Amsterdam (where all my friend still live, and all the party is) into the province last march, then Corona hit. But drinking fewer days a week and my girlfriend is pregnant since September, that balances it the other way.

I don’t keep good records but anecdotally consumption was up last year. Consumption of spirits was up as a greater percentage though.

Consumption up, as expected, by 27%. More drinking earlier in the week.
Average cost down by 5%, most likely do to increase in less expensive weekday drinkers.

Same here. # of bottles slightly down, but $ per bottle up 25%. Lots of occasions this year to say @#$% it, life is short, time to open the nice bottles I’ve been hoarding [cheers.gif]

I feel for you. Have gone from having the occasional Wine Wednesdays to the even less occasional No Wine Monday during the pandemic.

We’ve been doing a once a month or so 5 day fast mimicking diet when we don’t consume alcohol (as well as reduced calorie intake). Day 3 can be tough!