CT handles

Good point, Brian, thanks.

Actually I like a bit of privacy. Didn’t know about all this features. Probably want to turn up the screws abit tighter.

Rieslingfan

tederf

See you there.

Mine is “TheOtherPoster”.

I began CT life as the handle bmalin. Boring but got the job done.

Then, due to the honor of being referred to by Kevin Shin, whom I don’t know and have never met, but whose wine exploits and experience seem rather impressive from what I can tell, that handle fell off and the current one went on.

I posted this TN in 2006:

2002 Marc Colin et Fils Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Les Combes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Saint-Aubin 1er Cru (10/11/2006)
Agree with CellarTrackers. Also agree with Meadows who guesses that this wine will enter its drinking window in 2008 at the earliest. Tonight it is still quite closed… very very reticent nose of green apple and slate, and with time and air a very wonderful palate of green apples and nut oil. Man o man this is going to be fantastic in a few years, and what a QPR deal![/list]
Posted from CellarTracker

Then a few years later I posted this one:

2002 Marc Colin et Fils Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Les Combes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Saint-Aubin 1er Cru (9/19/2008)
This is developing beautifully. Great QPR. Similar notes as before with some development. It will be just terrific with perhaps another two years. Did I say this was great QPR? (91 pts.)

Then a few months later Kevin posted this one:

Tasted by KevinS on 12/1/2008 & rated 91 points: Similar taste profile as last bottle, but this one is more evolved and seems past its peak. There’s still a ton of stuffing here, but the flavor profile is a more extreme lemon/lime that is beginning to remind me of 7-Up. Still enjoyable, but I’m going to be drinking mine up in contrast to the other poster… (106 views)

Well, there it was. My new name.

And to complete my transformation I posted this TN sometime later:

2002 Marc Colin et Fils Saint-Aubin 1er Cru Les Combes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Saint-Aubin 1er Cru (2/17/2009)
Ready to go. My TN matches Kevin’s of last October. I believe it developed a bit faster than I’d anticipated and it’s in its ideal drinking window now. Fantastic. (92 pts.)

Of course, our bottles don’t seem past peak to me, but they are more citrus than before while still having some nice body to them. And of course the significance of all of this is predicated on my assumption that ‘KevinS’ = Kevin Shin. If not, well, [oops.gif]

eric42

I’m PeterH.
And #107, from early '04! Amazed it’s been more than 5 years!!
When I ‘joined’ I had the biggest cellar on the site, by far.
Now, not even in the top 25!
Eric, congrats!!!

markjahnke

JGarofalo3

grog

Starfish for an old lover from Coney Island, but I must admit I have been remiss in maintaining my account.

Have you ever considered…Boomerang?

[tease.gif]

Winetex - across all of the “not real names” boards. I will answer to this! [tease.gif]

jar

these are my initials in case you’re wondering…

twaldmann

and #206neener

Hey Eric - is there a way to create a ‘club’ or ‘group’ on CT for WineBerserkers???

It would make us hooking up with buddies on there SO MUCH EASIER!

ljones

As long as we’re asking for new CT features:

Can you add a feature to get a list of CT users with cellars most like mine? And then tell me the differences between our cellars, so I can get suggestions of what other producers, regions or wines that I might like.

Larry Jones

I don’t have that concept at this point but will think about it for the future.

I am planning something a bit like this for the new UI.

Heya Eric,

Apologies if this isn’t the correct forum, but a general thought after having used CT for a while now:

When I’ve moved stuff around / moved my cellar, my location data and some other data has gotten woefully out of date. There are a fair number of clicks to update each wine, and I’m so far behind I pretty much just need to start over. The number of clicks involved / page load times / my laziness combine to keep me from seemingly ever doing it. A method for mass updating fields – be it an HTML page with a gajillion editable fields (location, my suggested drinking window, a couple of other fields come to mind for wanting to mass update), or a way to upload an excel file with updated fields, or something similar, would be awesome. For all I know you may have already added this since last I looked or it may be in the pipe already, sorry if I am not on top of that, but wanted to pass the thought along.

PS. Cellartracker is basically the shit, props :slight_smile:

scamhi
joined in 04 member#604