Current List of California Vineyard’s Not releasing 2020 Wines

We’re not really yet where people are wondering if we’ll be making a vintage or not, but we lost our 2020 Cab vintage from Diamond Mtn, which was about a quarter of our total production. Was just walking the vineyard last week and excitedly hoping for a better conclusion to the year.

Griffin’s Lair no go in 2020 and 2021 already. Ouch.

San Francisco Chronicle: Severe drought is forcing one of Sonoma’s best Syrah vineyards to make no wine.

Just got schrader email. Officially no 2020 release

Just saw the local CBS TV report on this a few minutes ago. Really heartbreaking to see and this is all drought related. Owner will be dropping all fruit to preserve the vine health.

Tom

Amici is a candidate here as well i thought, though someone else should confirm.

No 2020 Vintage for Lokoya

No Rafanelli per Shelly on my recent visit there…

Maybe it would be easier to say who will be making wine in 2020…

This thread is a great advertisement for the “Wiki” feature for message boards…

So sad - and some probably still have not announced anything as they are still pushing out their 19’s and now actively getting ready for their 2021s to get rolling . . .

Cheers

Nevin Miller wrote:
No Rafanelli per Shelly on my recent visit there…

Very sorry to hear that. Thank you for the update. We were there in May and they did not hear anything about it, so it must have been a recent decision.

Ed

Trespass is not releasing 2020s

Nice to see someone referring to 2020s as 2020s.
Vineyards are not vineyard’s. They are vineyards.
2020s are not 2020’s. They are 2020s.

4 Likes

Ed

They said that they didn’t even pick - just left the fruit on the vines. I think the decision was made then. So, the 2022 release (next year) will not have 2020 Zin, and the 2023 release will not have 2020 Cabernet, Merlot, House Blend or Terrace Select - but will have Zinfandel - the 2021 vintage. I think that’s all correct.

Cheers

Curious if Elusa(TB’s new project) will have Cab; they source from Kenefick among other vineyards

have you tasted recent trespasses, like 18/19? thoughts?

Just confirmed that Elusa will only be offering a Sauvignon
Blanc in 2020 FYI…

Nine Suns. Higher end Napa producer that makes some really nice wines. I can’t afford it but a friend opened one years ago and it was amazing.

2014 Nine Suns - USA, California, Napa Valley, St. Helena (7/30/2018)
Wow! This wine is amazing. One of the best I have sampled this year. Concentrated with dark cherries, blackberries, spices, oak, vanilla and earth. Long finish and good acidity. Decanted 2 plus hours. I would see this peaking in 2025. Excellent wine and thanks to David for providing this one! (95 points)

1 Like

You choose not to spend the money on high-end wine, which is fine. But you can afford a few bottles here and there.

You can pinpoint a wine peaking in 7 years? Not 6 or 8?

Honestly his description of that wine makes me really glad I have never heard of it.