Daily drinker Scotches

Balvenie Doublewood 12
Benriach Septendecim 17 (b/c I got a bunch on closeout at Costco for less than what Balvenie 12 retails for)

Springbank 21 and springbank 12 Burgundy cask are my two go-tos that I go to multiple times a week

Wow. Springbank 21 is your daily-drinker? Kudos to you! champagne.gif

Someone has no kids at home ! neener (Man the Spring 18 is about one of the best I’ve had, one day I’ll find a 21 I guess lol)

i don’t drink out very often. considering how easily it is to spend $20 on a pour of mediocre scotch, a 2 oz pour of springbank 21 from my cabinet runs about $27 and that is a small price to pay for such a fine dram.

And this ladies and gentlemen is how it is done !

Seriously well thought and I think the same way, thing is… living in a monopoly I dont get the nice prices you guys get in a costco for a Springbank ( the 15 was 150 ish, the 18 200ish and the 25 is 905$)

I love good single malt. I would say Lagavulin 16 is my favorite among the Scotches one can always find, but I like Balvenie, Bowmore, Highland Park, and others, too. But…

In the winter, after the day winds down, I probably drink more Teacher’s than anything else. Yup - plain Ol Teacher’s. A couple of years ago we did Falstaff and had a great Scottish baritone as a guest for Ford. We were chatting about booze, and he went off on all these $100 or so bottles. “At home nobody drinks that shite!”

He liked Teacher’s, too.

If you’re ok with a blend, I find the Compass Box Great King Street to be an excellent value for a daily drinker.

For real cheap, there’s the Trader Joe’s Highland Single Malt for about $17. Not great but decent for the price.

I’ve also heard that a lot of Scottish people actually don’t drink much scotch.

This, plus Caol Ila 12

+1. Perfect mid/upscale daily drinker.

I’m a bit gobsmacked at what some people are putting back on daily basis. Perhaps I misunderstand. I don’t drink scotch daily but if I did this might be one.
Also Bunnahabhain Ceobanach.
And as a counter point, Laphroaig 10 with a very good splash of spring water (totally opens it up and adds a floral note to the nose)

For the occasional special dram I’m right with many of the higher octane tipples cited here. Ardbeg (any but especially Corryvreckan) or Bunnahabhain 18 (I don’t see the older ones much) or Bruichladdich Octomore (ok I sometimes like a lot of peat) in particular. But Corryvreckan at the top of the heap.

Define “much”. [stirthepothal.gif]

Also some mix with really weird stuff. I’ve even seen Blackcurrant.

I’m now definitely on the lookout for Teacher’s

Richard,
I’m with you on the Laphroaig 10 + a splash of water … if the Laphroaig 10 is the cask strength version! (which, by the way, is in the running for my favorite whisky in the world). I find the 10 too watered-back as-is, but as a “daily drinker” (read: cheap and good) it works quite well.

Despite my participation in this thread, I’d say I average about 6 drams a year now that I’m back in CA; generally, the weather is just too warm for whisky out here. At that pace, I have multiple lifetimes of whisky in my very small and humble cabinet.

Ardbeg Uigeadail

Don’t know if I can quantify it really, but my understanding is that they actually drink other distilled spirits more than they actually drink scotch whisky.

I’ve been to Scotland a few times; they drink plenty of whisky… (don’t dare call it “Scotch,” unless you want to immediately brand yourself an ignoramus tourist). They are, generally, much more willing to add some water to their whiskys than are American connoisseurs of the same, however.

I stand corrected.

I’ve actually heard this as well and it seems to be a sarcastic joke of sorts. They don’t drink much scotch, but they do drink plenty of whisky, which Brian clarified is scotch whisky.