Dalla Valle

Well, I guess the perils of taking a long lunch today were missing out on this offer. I receive the e-mail pre-offer at 1:15 pm today and by the time I saw the e-mail at 4:30 pm, the MDV already had sold out. Amazing.

We got fairly lucky on MDV offer. I happened to see it in my personal email right after it was sent out and decided to take a look. Pinged a wine friend to see if they wanted in (I would take 2 bottles, they could have 1) they didn’t respond right away so I just pulled the trigger and purchased. By the time the friend got back to me, I had already received the “we sold out” email.

As a DV aside, someone had mentioned Heidi at the beginning of the thread, I am sure many individuals on this forum know this, but none the less going to plug Heidi a bit as both my wife and I are fans. If you are a Heidi fan, she has her own label La Sirena, and her Cab is in my opinion under priced for how good it is (in relation to other Napa wines of “similar” caliber). We have always had great tastings of her line up and have found a number of wines we like. She also is still the winemaker at Paradigm, and I think their 2016 Cab is going for something like $92. A very good deal for a Napa cab with a high profile winemaker.

1 Like

Saw the offer. Saw the price. Did some work. Was busy debating with myself whether to buy any bottles when I was told that it was sold out. Having only ever had the standard Cabernet, I’m not sure what I just missed out on.

Order confirmations just went out for MDV. I’m confirmed for 3 bottles, which is what I wanted so hooray on that account. HoosJustinG, did you end up getting your 6?

3 bottles as expected with the sellout…

I was fortunate to try the ‘13 and ‘15 Maya recently and loved them both. Unfortunately, Maya is at a price point where I don’t really play.

Has anyone tried the Collina? How does it stack up at the $100 price point against other Napa options?