Danny Meyer Requiring Staff & Guests Be Vaccinated

Ate in NYC last night at one of my go to places. Since they re-opened for indoor dining a few months ago they have been requiring proof of vaccination to dine there. Now they are requiring an ID card and proof of vax. I asked about the change and the hostess said, you’d be stunned at the lengths that people go to get around proof of vax.

That vaccine pass is awesome. A French friend was showing me his the other day. Also awesome that the French government has mandated it to eat at a restaurant and other things instead of leaving it o the venues themselves.

As of yesterday proof of vaccination is mandatory for indoor dining in NYC. We have a month of an ‘adjustment’ period and it will be enforced by public health officials starting in September.

NY state has the ‘Excelsior Pass’ app so you can have your vaccination record on your phone and the restaurant can scan the QR code to verify it.

Just be thankful you’re not prohibited from requiring proof of vaccination, like establishments in Texas are …

My brother lives in Midland, TX. I’m happy for NC every day (even with all of our other issues). I hope things turn in the right direction for you guys soon.

Nathan and I are in a moderately liberal urban area of a purple state - Democrat governor and Republican legislature. Since this is cyclical, I hate to think how this might have come down at a different time, but it’s working reasonably well right now, although with my son just starting college and living in a dorm I wish they could mandate vaccines.

And oh how the tune would change if this were, say, smallpox. Aside from all the other inherent hypocrisies. The debate with these idiots starts with, at what death rate DO you agree with a vaccine mandate? And have you ever heard of typhoid Mary?

It’s worth noting that the policy does not apply to Shake Shack, which goes to show just how difficult it is even for someone like Danny Meyer to implement a sane policy in the current environment.

USHG sold Shake Shack.

Correct. And Danny Meyer is founder and Chairman of the Board. Apparently that’s not good enough to push through a vaccine requirement or even, to this point, to get any sort of vaccine policy implemented.