Davenport Cellars is Closing 65% off all Wines

Just think about this. A bottle is the cost of 2 over priced coffee drinks. Hope that makes you feel better. champagne.gif
[/quote]

Well in that case…:laughing:

Thanks to my brother Brian Glas who confirmed how good this wine is! I got the shipment and pop and pour today. Cheers to all who took advantage of this wine as it is the QPR of the year!

2008 Davenport Cellars Continuity - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (12/30/2019)
Day 1: Holly S… This just took over the top wine of 2019 for 3 Day Wine Review for wines under $30.00. $10.50 on their closeout special which concluded on December 28. Just picked this up from FedEx Office today and it is outstanding. No bottle shock which is a myth to begin with. 54% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc, 9% Malbec and 2% Petit Verdot.
Classic Washington State. Leather, tobacco, blueberries, cherry and minerality. Drinking unbelievable. So balanced and very Bordeaux like. This would do well in a blind tasting. I am so happy my brother Brian confirmed how great this wine was as he gave it 92 points on two separate occasions. I only bought 4 and regret not getting a case. This wine should age another 3 to 5 years. 93 + points (93 pts.)

Good to hear. I picked up 6 different vintages of the Continuity and 3 bottles of the Mr. B. Incredible sale, even if they turn out to just be okay (and it sounds like they’ll be much more than that).

Had the first of my six pack–an orange muscat. Really delicious wine. Hugely floral, maybe a touch of sweetness, but perfect with spicy asian food and a real crowd-pleaser.

Holy smokes!

Case arrived today and I busted open the 2012 Continuity. What a fantastic little wine, with an almost perfect balance! Wonderful stuff. Don’t think I’ve had a better bargain in the US ever! 92pts

Holye smokes. Again. The 2015 Carmenere Walla Walla. Leather, cherry, pepper, hint of smoke on the nose. On the mouth that repeats, with some coconut undertones (American oak?). It’s super luscious and soft, but with integrated tannins. What a wonderful wine. Blown away by that QPR. This is a 93pts wine, for sure.

Working through a six pack. Tried the 2016 fume blanc. Interesting wine. Initial impression of sweetness but with terrific balancing acidity. Unusual for a dry sauv blanc.

Also had a 2009 RHD from a 375. Pretty far along the aging curve but a winner for fans of secondary characteristics.

1 Like

[quoteHolye smokes. Again. The 2015 Carmenere Walla Walla. Leather, cherry, pepper, hint of smoke on the nose. On the mouth that repeats, with some coconut undertones (American oak?). It’s super luscious and soft, but with integrated tannins. What a wonderful wine. Blown away by that QPR. This is a 93pts wine, for sure.][/quote]Sounds like a winner. Wish they would have extended the 65% sale.

[quoteCase arrived today and I busted open the 2012 Continuity. What a fantastic little wine, with an almost perfect balance! Wonderful stuff. Don’t think I’ve had a better bargain in the US ever! 92pts][/quote]Only one bottle purchased. Should have gotten more but over spent on children’s gifts! [swearing.gif]

Is there a coupon code? It shows me 30/bottle and no discount is being applied at check out

The sale is over and just back to running their stock down at regular prices. See above

Per the posting above by one of the owners, the sale was set to end on 12/29/19.

Oops, I missed Antonio’s post this morning. Sorry for the repetition.

2008 Davenport Cellars Continuity - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (12/30/2019)
Day 1: Holly S… This just took over the top wine of 2019 for 3 Day Wine Review for wines under $30.00. $10.50 on their closeout special which concluded on December 28. Just picked this up from FedEx Office today and it is outstanding. No bottle shock which is a myth to begin with. 54% Cabernet Sauvignon, 23% Merlot, 12% Cabernet Franc, 9% Malbec and 2% Petit Verdot. From the following vineyards Kiona, Seven Hills, Sheridan and Burgess.
Classic Washington State. Leather, tobacco, blueberries, cherry and minerality. Drinking unbelievable. So balanced and very Bordeaux like. This would do well in a blind tasting. I am so happy my brother Brian confirmed how great this wine was as he gave it 92 points on two separate occasions. I only bought 4 and regret not getting a case. This wine should age another 3 to 5 years. 93 + points
Day 2: This is not nearly in the same league and based on that drink on day 1. You don’t need to decant this wine.

Just emailed them to see if we can get the 65% off deal. Doesn’t hurt to ask!

Discount is over.

Glad I got a case. The one bottle I’ve had so far was very good - can’t beat it for $10!

[cheers.gif] 2008 Davenport Cellars Continuity - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley (1/17/2020)
Day 1: Yes this is wine of the year candidate! Tobacco, spice, dark cherries, menthol, earth and dried twigs. Medium plus finish and picks up some nice exotic spices on the finish. Talk about a wine in its sweet spot. Did I mention this wine was $11 on a sale 3 weeks ago. 93 points (93 points)

Discount is over.

Glad I got a case. The one bottle I’ve had so far was very good - can’t beat it for $10!

Do enjoy the other 11 bottles. I am sure they will be stellar for the price. Just think how much better these wines are than the crap you get from the grocery store for that price or Total Wine.

I had the Orange Muscat last night. Very good, done in a dry style and only 11% alcohol. The nose is intensely floral and reminded me of some of the lighter bodied examples I’ve had from Alsace. This would have been a good one to get a case of for a summer sipper - I think it would be a big crowd pleaser.

Woah. Looks like I missed out. Just emailed Jeff @ Davenport and asked if they will keep the sale going. Fingers crossed.

1 Like