Desire Lines Fall 2021 Release

Another stellar offer. In for a mixed 6 pack, a little heavy on the Winds of Change based on the glowing reviews from forum members.

Mixed case for me. Excited to try the Mourvèdre.

At some point Winds of Change will have to be its own case buy…

1 Like

I have been debating this release since getting the email and I think this thread convinced me to try. I just REALLY wish they could just stick their wines in a box with my Bedrock release and ship it all together! theyre in the same place!! lol

Controlled myself … I love these wines so much so stuck to 4 Riesling 2 Chenin Blanc …have a stash of Winds of Change.

I feel the same. It was hard to balance what I really wanted and still keep it to a case.

1 Like

for people who have had the Winds of Change and the Bedrock Cali Syrah (which im assuming is most people who have tried Winds of Change):

should I look at these wines in a similar way? would you say they compare?

The Winds of Change is more savory. I love both the Bedrock Syrah and WoC, and don’t think of them as interchangeable.

1 Like

The Bedrock Syrah is only Syrah and it’s typical of that variety whereas the Winds of Change is Syrah, Mourvedre, and Carignane which I think gives it a significantly different character and not necessarily driven by the Syrah. WoC is very fruity but also savory like David mentioned (due to the Mourvedre?) The Bedrock Syrah is great but the Winds of Change is more versatile in my opinion.

Agree completely. It also seemed more approachable immediately last year than I usually find the Bedrock syrahs (the WoC has been pretty approachable even on pop and pour which really adds to its versatility for me).

I kept going back and forth between trying the Chenin Blanc or getting more Winds of Change. It was a tough decision this time!

Since I am not a Chenin or Sauv Blanc fan the choices were easier.

1 Like

My order showed up the other day, and I just happened to be in the mood for a Chenin. They put salty and savory on the label and man, they are correct. A core of great apple fruit, acid in balance (not rippin’ like some chenin’s can be, it’s in the right spot), and some really delicious savory/saline flavors. Tastes like an Italian winemaker using California fruit. Just delicious and delightful, and I don’t seek out Chenin too often. Thanks and cheers to the Rasmussens!

1 Like

I think Savory is Cody’s middle name.

My wife called the ‘20 Wiley Riesling “one of the best white wines I’ve ever had.”

The entire recent offering is exceptional.

Anyone tried the Bedrock Mourvèdre? Wondering if it needs time on its side or is pretty much ready to go

Just opened my first Desire Lines bottle- 2020 Winds of change. Thought it might pair well with tonight’s pork loin. Well, the pork loin hasn’t come off the grill yet and this bottle (open for 15 minutes) is already awesome! I would have guessed a lower Syrah component, its 65%; might have guessed a lower alcohol %, its 14%. It’s very bright, lots of strawberry and raspberry, but mid-weight, not heavy. A bit of tannin on the finish. Just a really nice and balanced wine.
This wine deserves all the plaudits peeps here toss at it, imo. Seems like a great wine for the price, could be a great party wine!

3 Likes

Thrilled that you enjoy it.

2 Likes