Did you get your BD13 bottles yet? Yay/Nay/Meh?

The problem is that the average consumer can’t identify heat/cold damaged wine. They will just think the wine tastes like shit and not buy it again.

3 Likes

We packed all of our shipments from BD yesterday, but will hold shipments to areas where weather could cause issues. Shipments to the west coast should go out this week, but I expect everything going to the midwest or farther east will be held for a bit.

Or the consumer will still blame the winery for shipping them bad wine, even when the consumer demanded the wine be shipped against advisement. That has happened to my wife multiple times.

Sabelli-Frisch arrived on Thursday and I opened a '18 La Malinche with dinner last night, look forward to finishing with dinner tonight. Now I wish I ordered a case. Interesting and seriously food friendly wine.

1 Like

I just received a case I got from de Negoce on BD13 (Lot 50. Walla Walla cab-sauv)

Red Newt held my shipment for weather related resons, sub zero temps followed by a blizzard(we got 13" of snow)…they are shipping tomorrow.

I am not shipping anything yet. My shipper does not insure my packages for heat/cold, so anything outside CA will be waiting until next month. I believe my offer and website says shipping in March/April. I am part weather-girl this time of year, watching the weather all across the US. In another thread I saw some TX temps being reported that were not ideal for shipping. I may be very conservative on this subject, but I consider it to be my job to get your wine into your cellar in perfect condition. And that means a wait for the east and mid part of the country.

3 Likes

No rush for me, my cellar capacity is at 100% so every new case that I get is a case that will be piled somewhere in my apartment [oops.gif]

I had asked Red Newt to hold until the brutal northeast cold snap passed, then emailed them today and told them if they could get it out by tomorrow they could ship as we have a nice window of 25-45 over the rest of this week and it should only be in transit for a couple of days. Received the UPS notice a short time after emailing them. Great service!

Got a couple of notices that wineries were halting shipments for this week to Southern California because of weather.

It’s too hot! Crazy…

[swearing.gif]

Received iOta last week. Meant to get Flannery and a couple more winery shipments this week. This is a great time of year to ship to the PNW but I’m not in a huge rush either.

Simple question - what’s the concern of shipping wine cold? I understand the cork pushing but if it does not push all the way, what’s the concern?

Cheers

I would not accept a wine for my personal collection that had corks pushed out at all. Nor leaking. No reason to go looking for trouble. I want excellent condition for any wine I deal with, either for my company or for me personally. I’ll pay the extra storage fees until the weather looks stable in the area I am shipping to. People keep my wine for a long time (check CT, some one just opened a bottle of 2007). I want people to be able to do this, and not with a compromised bottle.

2 Likes

Larry would you put wines in a freezer for 24 hours? Hey the corks didn’t push through so the wine must still be fine, right???

Got a food order, and an unexpected wine order.

Weather in colorado looks primo next week. Honestly this winter has been VERY mild… it could hit 60 this weekend. I just received Metrick’s wine and it shipped fine. Also got the oxygen cork thingies, flannery steaks, and glasvin. [winner.gif]

I received a partial order today and will receive the balance of that order tomorrow according to UPS.
Being on the east coast, I’m not a happy camper at the moment.

We have had a very cold winter in New Hampshire. Not historically cold; but as compared to the last decade or so. At least that’s what it seems like to me.

And… This is why we have several cases of Black Cat in the cellar and have never had a bad one.