Did you get your BD13 bottles yet? Yay/Nay/Meh?

I’m in MN, asked for all purchases held until March. Very antsy to try the new wine!!

Only Wilde Farm and Flannery so far. Spread out delivery is a saving grace.

I got a tracking notice through FedEx on Wednesday that it was being picked up, and it was delivered on Saturday without any issues.

1 Like

I’m in this boat as well, but all of my orders are coming from CA. They can wait a bit and I won’t mind.

That’s what I got on Friday.

I got tracking notice from UPS Tuesday re Red Newt, hasn’t been picked up at winery as yet, as far as I can tell.

I received a Sabelli-Frisch 2-pk today (I hope it didn’t sit on the truck overnight), but I think it was an mistake on my part. I asked for all my wine orders to wait until late March/April to ship. I must not have noted this when I ordered this particular one. I still have a case coming from S-B, but I’m pretty sure I requested a delay.

Rick - I haven’t gotten to your full case shipment yet, but was planning on this week - do you want me to put a hold on it until March? In my mind Colorado was always a ‘no delay’ shipping state even in winter, but perhaps that’s not wise?

Adam thanks for having some common sense. Never understood a winery that ships to the Midwest this time a year. In a month shipping conditions will be fine. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s hard to find a leg to stand on sometimes. All the wine lovers and regulars on this forum get all that about temps and weather, but many customers that are perhaps not as used to it get upset that the wine hasn’t shipped immediately. Kinda damned if you do, damned if you don’t. And I get it - the wine industry is perhaps one of the few places where we regularly accept and buy futures, in essence. We pay for something that might not even have been bottled or released yet. I can see how that’s a scary on foreign concept to someone who’s used to getting the goods they pay for Primed the day after.

Amazing perspective here. I have colleagues who don’t understand this. They will buy wine on xxx.com in the dead of winter and wonder why they can’t have it tomorrow. Same goes for the dead of summer.

2 Likes

If they want it and take the risk just let them know if the bottles are damaged it is on them. Who really needs wine this bad right now? Plenty in my cellar or probably theirs.

It’s been pretty cold here lately (<0 a couple of nights), but we’ve broken out of it and it will be around 50 degrees each day for the next 7-8 days. Go ahead and ship. It’s pretty hit & miss here, never know from week to week. Thanks, Adam!

1 Like

I got mine on Friday in Manassas as well. Probably all that I’ll get until the weather calms down.

Nothing yet for me but I’m expecting by the end of the month!

I got my 3-pack of Keller Estate Peninsula PN - and another 3-pack of the same that I didn’t expect, too! They’ve graciously decided to let me keep them. Looking forward to trying them in a week or so, once they’ve rested from the journey.

I was supposed to get a shipment from Sabelli-Frisch, but Fedex decided to pretend I wasn’t home today. Fingers crossed they don’t feel that way tomorrow, too. At least it’s cold in Boulder and I don’t have to worry about the wine cooking on the truck.

1 Like

Mine was probably one of those shipments - thankfully it arrived yesterday in pristine condition; Carrie was attentive throughout the whole process. Very pleased with the whole transaction. Thanks again, Carrie.

1 Like

Laguer-Meredith, Walter Scott, Morgan Ranch so far…

The problem is that the average consumer can’t identify heat/cold damaged wine. They will just think the wine tastes like shit and not buy it again.

I’m getting ready to ship a number of smaller packages today… not oil / vinegar / or wines… too cold.

I’m running solo on the packing and shipping right now. [wow.gif]