Dirty and Rowdy Fall Release

What?

Translated: Bedrock sourced Barbera was part of a D&R Blended wine but not bottled separately. Did I get that right Tom?

Greetings- We are super psyched for next week’s fall release.

Another wine preview popping up in a few min.

Note: Our Old Vine Barbera is not from Bedrock or a vineyard we share together.

Who’s on 2nd?
I was only talking about Bedrock (Morgan). I had missed the supplemental release email earlier this year, so thought Morgan had only released a wine with Barbera as a blend. I was wrong from the email:
2017 Shake Ridge Ranch Barbera, Amador County
This was our first vintage working with a few rows of Barbera from Ann Kraemer’s magical Shake Ridge Ranch in Amador County. I have always loved Barbera for its forthright beauty and fruit profile, and it tends to do very well in Amador County as the warm daytime temperatures tends to ameliorate the rambunctious and biting acidity the variety is so naturally blessed with. Since it was our first year, we simply destemmed the fruit into a 1 ton fermenter, let it ferment to dryness and pressed it to a couple neutral large puncheons— the overall hope being just to get a read on the fruit in its most basic form. Well, turns out this ain’t no basic, ahem, Barbera…. The whole crew loved the wine so much that we bottled up a barrel as much for personal consumption as anything else. $30

And now I see a Syrah on the horizon!

Me: Nothing could ever possibly make me want to drink a zinfandel
D&R: “Zin for 70’s Space Exploration”
Me: Shut up and take my money

[worship.gif] [worship.gif] [worship.gif]

Add Evangelho to the list…shaping up to be a really good one

Hardy, I would love to hear details on the site within Brousseau, viticulture, and winemaking for the Brousseau Syrah!

pretty excited about Brousseau Syrah!

also how are people hearing about these before the emails go out?? do i need to be watching my instagram stories with sound again?

I got an email about an hour ago. This is the third preview email over the last week.

same, but someone posted there is a syrah coming 2 days ago (even though that email came today), and then someone else posted about Evanghelo yesterday, and no email has come out for that yet.

I just signed up yesterday, but did not get any emails yet.

There is a small pre-release group that has different timing on the emails.

Joel- Thank you for signing up. Your first email will be on Monday. Welcome aboard!

Brosseau is awesome. It is a mix of limestone, granite, and volcanic soils at about 1600FT elevation right by the entrance to Pinnacles National Park. The vineyard is organically farmed and our block is Syrah from some suitcase cuttings taken from a place that rhymes with PHermitage. These vines produce tiny berries that have a ton of structure even at moderate (12.5%) alcohol.

On the winemaking side, the Syrah is 100% whole cluster, gently pumped over or punched down 2x a day. The wine is barreled down to a mix of old puncheons and old barrels. It is unfiltered and unfined.

We’ve worked with Brosseau Syrah and Grenache since 16 as they make up the S&G of our MSG wine. 19 is the first year we’ve bottled some Syrah on its own.

In terms of power, it is the most intense red wine in the Fall lineup - Zin is the lightest. The Zin is the weight of our Especial Wines.

The aromatics on the the Fall wines are through the roof.

Thanks Hardy! [cheers.gif]

In for a case…very happy we discovered these wines through this board. Hardy is a pleasure to deal with (and his zoom tastings are awesome) and the wines are even better!

I’m also a newbie when it comes to D&R. If not for berserkers, I would have no idea. They seem to be in the vein of Carlisle and Bedrock. Is that right? If I was going to hunt down some of their wines to see what they are about, what should I look for?

Personally I think any of his Mourvèdre based wines are special. Shake Ridge Ranch, Outer Limits, Old Vine Enz.

In for 6 legends 2 evangelho 2 Syrah 2 zin