Dirty and Rowdy Fall Release

In for 16 total, with the Wear a Mask red still to ship with them.

Anyone open an 18 Legends yet?

Definitely the Mourvèdre, I’d recommend Shake Ridge of Evangelho to start if you can find it, or even more simply the Familiar tp get an idea of style.

Conceptually similar to Bedrock and Carlisle in terms of vineyard sources, etc., but Hardy’s wine style differs for me. Low alcohol, seriously bright fruit, solid acid. Absolutely gulpable wines that reward patience, even though that’s generally pretty hard to practice.

I think you nailed it with the bright fruit and (crackling) acidity. Haven’t had much like it. Unique winemaking.

Personally? No, they are not in the same vein at all other than they are cool, small producer Cali wines that do things off the beaten track.

To me, D&R is pictured in my head as this: "The British eccentric actor Bill Nighly is also secretly a Cru Beaujolais vintner. ‘I enjoy a good lip smacking.’ as he puts it. While Bill enjoys the theatre and London, his work in LA means he’s spending more and more time there. He decides to make wine in California as well. While the wine should conform to his views on exceptional Cru beaujolais (a wine that people that say they “know wine” as they drink their Opus One and Silver Oak, scoff at, while those that truly understand good wine grin and say little to keep their collective secret safe and prices down) it should also speak to the soul of California. ‘Wicked’ his new surfer-bro neighbor exclaims when told of the venture, ‘Radical’ surfer-bro continues when told that Bill will be looking to use forgotten, disused or off the beaten track vineyards. ‘My good man,’ Bill retorts 'it is neither evil nor extreme in it’s thesis, though in using vernacular that you will understand, it will be ‘Totally Tubular’.

They are lip smacking, they are light on their feet, even when weighty. They are never ponderous. They are bright. They are absolutely unique. Also maybe the best Turkey wine in existence.

[winner.gif]

Wait…is this live? I see the wines on the website but it says I have no allocation…which doesn’t make sense to me given multiple purchases in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Wow, you guys are selling it! I’ll start hunting.

Two tiered release. Believe general release is midweek.

Thanks! Yes, my email notes Thursday. I suppose to need to start buying more to make the first tier. One of the few styles of wine (other than Napa Cab) that both my wife and I both enjoy so it doesn’t last long in our house.

Oh yes, I’ve had about a dozen bottles over the last year. Starting to unwind a little, it will be rewarded with patience. The last glass of every bottle was the best. If you decide to open one now, maybe double decant for bunch of hours.

Here are some notes from a tasting we did last year that included examples of most of their bottlings with a little age, though they keep expanding the range of varieties: TNs--Mike on Mini-Tour--Dirty & Rowdy Comprehensive in Atlanta - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers. This should give you some sense of their range of styles.

[worship.gif] [worship.gif] Huge thanks to everyone that is in on the pre-release. The grand release goes live on Thursday.

Thank you for all the positive notes above. The Fall wines are indeed bright. Early ventures will benefit from lengthy decants- The wines are light and structured.

The Zin is in line with our Especial wines. Crunchy, neon, and refreshing. I still rec. at least a 2hr decant.

The Syrah is super aromatic and has those Chalone tannins. It tastes / feels deeper / darker than the ABV suggests. The perfect low-ish ABV Winter wine.

The Chenin is the sleeper here. Texture, acid, and bonkers nose that ranges from pineapple, wool, to white pepper.

Evangelho Mourvèdre- It is so good. This vineyard is a treasure.

Order in! My dearest Evangelho!

Resistance is futile.

Hopefully there’s plenty left for us on the general release. [cheers.gif]

Was there an email? Feeling left out.

You and I are apparently second tier Brian. Hopefully these greedy 1st tier bastards left a few bottles for the hoi polloi! [snort.gif]

You can hoi my pilloi anytime Mike! [berserker.gif]

Oh my! blush

Be swift on Thursday my friend!