Dirty & Rowdy Release!

I really enjoyed the Familiar when Hardy treated me to a barrel sample back in April. At that time they hadn’t named it yet.

• 2013 Dirty and Rowdy Mourvedre Santa Barbara Highlands, Oops wine. - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Barbara County
    This was a barrel sample which will likely be renamed due to an error where a barrel of Petite Sirah mistakenly was mixed in during racking.
    91.7% Mourvèdre, 8.3% Petite Sirah.
    Even with just the small amount of PS in this wine the blend is evident first in the color which is dark almost black and second in the structure which shows much more dark fruited with powerful tannins. Has nice Mourvèdre florals but with a savory edge. Mouth has crunchy red and black fruit. Great tannic structure. This is going to be a winner if you ask me. Sometimes you have to make a mistake to find something new.

These might be my favorite labels ever…I just signed up because of them.

Total label whore.

Alex,
Matt’s brother designed them if I understand correctly.
He is super talented. He is not a big time designer by trade but he
hit a home run with this one.

Don, thx.
I just love them.
I’d buy a poster/print of one if available.

I assume if we got an email to save the date there will be wine for me to purchSe? I am truly excited as Chad R got me hooked @ brunch last month

I don’t think so. On the last offering, which was my first offering after joining the list, I could only request by wishlist. None of my requests were granted, probably because too many people who were wise enough to sign up for the list well before I did selfishly bought their limited allocations instead of leaving wine for sluggards like me.

…or you answered Jar Jar Binks to the Star Wars question. [oops.gif]

I ordered a t-shirt just because the label was cool.

[welldone.gif]

Yousa meana dat not good-good answer?

When is the release? For some reason, my server has decided that I have enough wine, and should get no more emails from D&R and Myriad/Quivet. I am determined though.

August 21

Hi Diana- I just checked and it looks like your email bounced back. It is the same email address we have used all along. [scratch.gif] I wonder if the server is thinking it is spam?

My wife looks hawt in the D&R T-shirt.

Hardy, sent you a PM.

Just an update- In the last 48 hrs we went into harvest overdrive and are bringing in four vineyards in three days.

We will delay our release a few days and have it out by early in the week. Time to get picking!

Thanks!

I hope the delay means that I’ll get bumped to the active list : )

Never tried the wines but for some reason I covet making the list :slight_smile:

Looking forward to this release. The wines are so damn delicious and drinkable. I got two of each from the last release and am down to one bottle of the 13 mourvedre.

The especial was an awesome wine with a slight chill, great stuff!

Release just landed

4/2/2 here easy all in