Does California wine suck?

[smileyvault-ban.gif] [soap.gif]

would have been funnier if he quoted my initial post. Otherwise it is kinda random ;D

Forgot one. Brett Favre. [berserker.gif]

Makes it even funnier! [wow.gif] [berserker.gif]

yes

Yo, pattern matching monkeys, not all wine can taste like delicious Snozzberries.

Funny you should mention that. I’m in the middle of organizing a varietal Snozzberry tasting to sharpen up my tasting notes.

Yes. And people who drink California wine are worse than Hitler! [shock.gif]

Do I win? newhere

Ahem…

It turns out the guy who thought a story about an insane recluse casually murdering a group of children had a pretty f*cked up sense of humor.

Good to see Peter posting [thumbs-up.gif]

This may explain the low signups for the tasting.

They make wine in California? Yeah right… I didn’t think so either.

Next thing your going to tell me is that Lewis Carroll was a pedophile and that Alice was modeled after a neighbor’s daughter that he was quite fond of?

Yep, a Snozzberry is an ankle spanker, baby-arm, beaver basher, bell on a pole, beef whistle, boomstick, bratwurst, candle, chopper, chub, cock, cranny axe, cum gun, custard launcher, dagger, deep-V diver, ding dong mcdork, dingus, disco stick , dog head, drum stick, dong, donger, dork, dude piston, dragon… …and I haven’t even gotten to the e’s yet.

There are some really wonderful California wines. This year I have had things like 1979 Mayacamas, 1994 Montelena, 1977 Stag’s Leap Lot 2, Stony Hill 2009 Chardonnay and others that are really wonderful wines. Wines like 1978s from Diamond Creek, 1991 Monte Bello and Montelena and 1974 Sterling are IMHO pretty close to as good as CS can get.

However, I think there is a lot of underachieving in California, at least for my tastes. Too many wineries have taken the easy way out and have made big wines to get big scores or for other reasons. I think this trend has hit its peak and is going down, and so am hopeful of more great wines from California in the future, but for me and my tastes, California is really a minefield today unless I really know about the winery.

With Snozzberries in it, and after all the problems with premox, its a wonder that anyone buys California wine at all.

I’ll never figure it out! [cheers.gif]

Indeed, Craig’s tasting should be an eye opener champagne.gif

Have you tried posting on craigslist?

Oh Howard, you are so adorable.

I have had more shitty and undrinkable wine from France than anywhere else.
I have been told I didn’t pay enough or it wasn’t old enough.
I know this will piss off a lot of people here.

Why? There is a ton of shitty and undrinkable wine made in France. There is a ton of shitty and undrinkable wine made virtually everywhere. What this board should be about is helping people find the golden nuggets everywhere.

Le vin de Californie suce. Fin d’histoire.