Domaine Comte Georges de Vogüé - Controversial Producer?

I found his comment funny this time. And true.

As I wrote above, I think that the Bonnes-Mares 2007 must be ready today …

As I wrote above, I think that the Bonnes-Mares 2007 must be ready today …

Thanks, Laurent,

My sense is the Musigny generally takes more time, but obviously the villages should be in a good spot!

Best,
Josh

Some years ago I had the luck to participate to a wonderful tasting in which, in the final three flights, the Bonnes Mares, Amoureuses and Musigny by Roumier and Vogue were compared blind. Comments on the tasting are here:

Had ‘07 Vogue Bonne Mares few months ago, good wine and ready to go.

A Grand Cru probably in a good spot …

The 1993 Musigny was unready two years ago.

It was indeed in a good spot on Thursday.
Unfortunately it was competing against a 98 Roumier BM…

The richness of red burgundies …

I opened a ‘92 Musigny in 2017. Was very nice; and felt no need to rush on it. The ‘97 Musigny is also delicious. No need to rush either.

Attended a de Vogüé dinner with Jean-Luc (de Vogüé’s commercial director) & Brigitte Pépin this past May. Will see if I have time to post on it today. As the host seated me beside Brigitte to entertain her while Jean-Luc “works”, I didn’t make very detailed notes on each wine; just general impressions.

I personally love the Chambolle 1er - its a great wine and not a bad deal to access Musigny.

Friends,

i used to buy C De Vogüé each year from AMOUREUSSES up to Bonnes Mares and Musigny. I stopped not because of a lack of quality but because I could not become a customer on the domaine itself and when you need an intermediary prices are even higher than they already are at the domaine. (I bought the 88s,89s ,90s and 91s on the domaine which seems to be no longer possible). I do not understand why the domaine has so many critics. The wines are top notch although I personallly choose ROUMIER and MUGNIER at the very top of the CHAMBOLLE_PYRAMID.

SINCERELY JOHAN