Domaine Wine Storage - DC Thread

thx - say hi to Mo for me (so many 2-letter words).

I love the intensity. Purple mouthed guys running around dc consuming everything, in the middle of the day, while its 130 degrees out. Hilarious.

Delete

[rofl.gif]

There was a lot of wine consumed!

Yesterday was a bit aggressive for sure. Stumbled across my Proof receipt this morning. What were we thinking?!?!? [cheers.gif]

Yeah, I barely remember paying but found my receipt too :slight_smile: I’m pretty hazy on the wine we had at dinner, aside from the '68 Madeira. Also found the check from Noma before we went to Proof, where we bought a bottle of wine too [cheers.gif]

We bought a bottle of wine at Nopa? I remember having an aviation that was gross. Definitely don’t remember buying a bottle of wine. And I think Dave picked out the first bottle at Proof? I don’t even know what I ordered for dinner. Hell, whose idea was it to buy that Madeira? I KNOW it wasn’t mine. haha.

Yeah, there was a Hubert Lamy on the bill with the Aviation, but no recollection which bottling of Lamy it was :slight_smile:

And that Madeira choice had to be DC, I wasn’t lucid enough to do that either…although I do remember having the trout for dinner!

I must have been drunk if I was willingly paying for the Frenchies. I think I had chicken. I think. Maybe we should reconsider this next time.

I will say, I think the RM Panek was the wine of the day. Really seemed to outshine the other cabs.

Anyone making it up to Domaine this weekend? I would love to NOT repeat this past weekend. haha.

what are your experiences storing at domaine?? i’m in dire need to find storage for my stuff… would love to check out the place and meet some customers sometimes… would love to bring wine to share as well.

Excellent, no issues, easy access to my wines too.

Wine Storage recs in DC? - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers for more happy customers.

Domaine is great. Mo and Drew are kind enough to tolerate us on Saturdays. It’s definitely a fun time to meet other members and try new wines.

Darryl, that Riesling was phenomenal.

awesome… i’ll keep an eye on this thread… if there’s anything going on this week i’ll go and check it out.

Unfortunately (or is it fortunately? kidding) Berg won’t be making it this weekend. He has a Friday night wine club thing and usually brings in several open bottles. I try to bring in a few as well. Not sure who else might make it up there.

Art - I’ve used several wine storage facilities over the years and Domaine is by far the best I’ve ever dealt with.

Had the '04 version last evening which was even better, can hardly go wrong with Willi Schaefer flirtysmile

Indeed very good stuff…I need more Riesling in the cellar.

You mean you guys occasionally drink European wine? I had no idea!

Scott - we obviously need something to cleanse our palates between bottles of high octane purple drink