DRC 2018

Yes, the real price for the '19 LT was $2400-2800. But like Michael said it was tougher than ever to get even a single bottle at that price.

1 Like

LCBO sells 19 la tache for $1500 Canadian for those few lucky enough to get an allocation. LCBO basically does a 20% markup over cost.

They are one of the biggest wine buyers in the world and have been buying direct since forever.

But that gives you an idea about the cost from the winery.

1 Like

The allocation price for the 2019 was $1350 here in Switzerland. No significant increase vs the 2018.

2 Likes

Ex-cellars for 2019 LT was 723€ + VAT.

3 Likes

That’s the cost buying from a retail wine store in Switzerland? Assuming one had allocation that is.

Yes, clearly on allocation but that’s the price. Same (and only) importer for decades.

1 Like

A bit of a thread drift but I wonder if the wholesale price for the CC will go up significantly in '20 now that everyone has seen how strong the secondary market is for it. I bet it will move closer towards the Montrachet.

Always depends on the retailer. I don’t think that the Domaine will increase prices drastically and I don’t think those retailers with fair mark-ups vs the ex-Domaine prices will price it anywhere close to the Montrachet. Others, obviously, which more look at market prices might do (but the Domaine won’t be happy about it).

2 Likes

Any price updates for the 2020’s? I saw one offer but definitely not the real “retail” price in Switzerland, around $4400 all in for 2020 LT and $2900 for RSV.

Basically the same price as 19s

3 Likes

20 CC was basically the same price as 19. What the middlemen do is always variable however.

I wouldn’t be so sure. The WD reps are pushing retailers to sell their bottles at market prices. I’m not sure how it benefits them, but they obviously have their reasoning.

AdV wouldn‘t approve.

1 Like

bold - source for this allegation?

One of my retailers. Sold me a bottle of RC at a good price and told me not to tell anyone what I paid because the WD rep wanted him to sell it at $30k.

How much did he sell you the LT for? If you don’t mind me asking.

Sounds totally made up.

1 Like

Yes, that‘s it. He lied to you.

Maybe. Who knows. But he shoots me pretty straight about other ITB things and how the game is played.

never in my life have I heard of a distributor or a manufacturer encourage their authorized rep to sell above suggested retail price. In face just the opposite. Normally that would be a condition to pull their allocation.