Dusty Nabor Wines - NSO Wines - Thanks everyone! We’re done and out of wine. See you next year.

Let me know when you know so I can take them down if you don’t want them. No worries if you’d rather wait.

1 Like

Ok, DONE - she let me buy them.

[cheers.gif] [wow.gif]

Awesome…just saw it. I’ll remove them now so no one else tries to shimmy in.

LOL…I just saw this…yes, probably not a good idea. I’m a much better triathlete than winemaker

If he had to carry extra weight to equalize our load (like a jockey), I might stand half a chance! [training.gif]

Trying to decide if I should order now or wait until more are available. Do you offer a discount to your mailing list as well? Thanks!

No…I don’t. This is the only day the wines are ever discounted. I never have sales or discounts of any kind besides Berserkers Day

1 Like

Finished. Done. Thanks everyone.

This was my first berserker and I’m really a wine noob in general compared to most of you guys, but I’ve already drank both of the NSO bottles that I got (one syrah and one grenache) and I feel so so foolish for not buying more at the 40% off discount. Both were some of the best $18 wine I’ve ever had. And buying them at $11 a bottle… I’d maybe give up drinking such expensive wine.

Besides my desperate hope that the discount could exist again beyond berserker day, I was wondering if Dusty had any input on those NSO wines, how they are drinking currently compared to their aging potential. Should I have waited to drink them?

NSO (“no special occasion”) is good for you to drink immediately… they weren’t really intended to cellar, not that there’s any problem if you forget about them for a few years… and I’m sure will be as good or better in a few years… but for a sub $20 wine that’s great now you shouldn’t stress about drinking them now. And you can always buy more at retail from Dusty and still feel good about getting great quality at his ‘normal’ prices. The Bolt To and Dusty Nabor labels are good to sample now and i’m putting them away for a few years once i’ve tasted the first bottle :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words Austin. I appreciate that. The wines are designed to be immediately approachable. But, just because of the general winemaking techniques I use, they will age wonderfully. You can’t really go wrong either way.

I would also add, I just posted all over social media that we are on the last 3 cases of the 2018 Syrah. So this is last call on that wine. We didn’t have a 2019 vintage but we will have a 2020 and 2021. Also, that wine is going to $20 on the next release because of glass increases as well as some other factors.

We still have lots of 2020 Grenache though. But if you enjoyed the Syrah, it will probably be all gone in 24 hours.

Fine! I Did it! But don’t think I don’t wish I bought more during berserker day to save money!

Haha…good job…look at it this way, it’s still 50%, at least, cheaper than any other wine of this pedigree.

Looking forward to opening my first NSO Grenache this weekend. Glad to hear they’re ready to drink without further cellaring, as I’m itching to try one. Do you recommend decanting and, if so, how long do you suggest?

Thanks.

I don’t generally recommend decanting the NSO wines. As I’ve mentioned above, I do make them to be immediately approachable and one of those ways is that I’m not super duper strict about a reductive or oxygenless elevage. So the wines see a little oxygen as they are moved around the cellar. This allows them to be a little more expressive upon opening…and a bit softer.

However, decanting is really a personal preference. It can help blow off a little alcohol immediately and let the wine relax a bit. Maybe decant for the immediate effects and just immediately pour from the decanter. I certainly don’t think it needs any real time in a decanter though.

In the interest of full disclosure, I’m not really much of a fan of decanting in general…so take that into account as well.

Thanks, Dusty. All noted.

My wife and I are enjoying the first of our 6 bottles of NSO Grenache. Really delicious and, as advertised, ready to go without any cellaring or special prep. I should’ve bought two cases, rather than a 1/2. Nice wine, Dusty, and a terrific deal - even at the normal $18 price.

I’m trying to save a glass for my son, who really likes Grenache. But he better stop by soon, or it’ll be too late…

Thanks man, appreciate it. The DNW Grenache is being bottled Tuesday and will be out in a month or so. It’s bonkers good. But, a little pricier at $35.

But, I have quite a bit of the NSO Grenache and it should be in stock for another few months.

Thanks for the heads up on the DNW Grenache. Definitely looking forward to that. Is it possible to combine an order from both NSO and DNW if I decide to spring for both? Or are the logistics too complicated?

Not at all…super easy. I’m the only one who sees and ships orders because, well, I’m the only employee. So I combine everything I can. Shoot me an email before you order anything and I can make sure it all goes smooth.

dusty@naborwines.com