*Extended One Day* Scherrer - Rocking Reds - Pinot, Syrah, Grenache & Zin across Vintages

Grabbed the SVD Pinot pack and 2 packs of the O&M Zins. Thanks for participating Fred!

1996 marked the year I really tried wine. It was one of Scherrerā€™s old vine Zins. Iā€™m been a wine fan ever since and this is one of my favorites. Looking forward to sampling the others. Thanks for WB13 offers.

1 Like

If not a hassle, Iā€™m happy to pick up at winery and save some packaging. Thx Fred!

Squared away. Excited to try these - thanks!

Rick, that 2013 OMV Zin has been in a sweet spot for about 5 years now. In the early 1990ā€™s I thought 5-10 years would be the development window. I need to revise that back label text to 5-20.

F

ā€¦must have been the fancy facility [wink.gif]

I have enjoyed all the Scherrer wines so far so in for some more Pinots. Whats this fancy facility? Iā€™ll come visit!!!

Mike, It is a real pleasure to participate. Enjoy the wines.

In for a pack of the O&M Zins. Really excited to try these, thanks for the offer!

I was a big supporter of these wines back when I was buying for several stores. These were among a small handful of wines that I chose to carry as opposed to ā€˜have to carryā€™. I always felt this type of quality, integrity and honesty added credibility to the wine program(s).

Today, I went from owning -0- Zinfandel (that # has been constant for 15+ years), to owning 6.

My first wine purchase in the 10+ years Iā€™ve been here. It had to be Scherrer.

One of my first BD finds with the O&M but the pinots and grenaches have become regular buys now too

Order in! I canā€™t get enough of your RRV pinot.

I was being a smartass. Itā€™s a 30 year old metal building with insulation and refrigeration in the corner of an old apple orchard near Sebastopol. Picturesque, it is not. Functional, it is.

We ceased doing open houses about two years ago. Hopefully we will be able to resume soon. That hasnā€™t stopped us from doing curbside pickups (even if we have no curbs there).

F

1 Like

Tom, Thanks for the support. I hope you like the style as much as I do.

Please be patient about shipping to your end of the country. We ship directly from the winery and really try to keep an eye on the weather across the country. Sometimes the path to you gets clobbered with nasty temperatures even if it looks great at the destination.

F

Order in, I love the Platt pinot bottling! Fred, do you have any smoke issues with the 2020ā€™s?

No rush on these. They will get here when they get here. It makes for a great surprise when I randomly have bottles show up at the door. [cheers.gif]

Wow! Thanks, Tim. As you know, these are not your average Zinfandels. There are those who say it doesnā€™t taste like Zin. My response is that actually, it does taste like Zin. The 110 year old block my grandfather planted has very few non-Zin vines in it. The mature vines planted 40-50 years ago are 100% Zin. That, and the realization that it makes special wine when harvested a bit on the early side of the window result in a style that speaks to those who are averse to super-ripe styled wines.

Oh, I knew thatā€¦ still beats making wine in your friends garage which is what I am doing (for fun) [rofl.gif] thanks again - love the wines [thankyou.gif]

Dave, 2020/smoke is a very fertile subject that is passionately debated. Itā€™s very complicated. I short, we were cautious, optimistic and lucky. Location is everything.

Youā€™ll actually get an email thru the FedEx system when I print a label. So the wine wonā€™t randomly show up at the door [cheers.gif]