*Extended One Day* Scherrer - Rocking Reds - Pinot, Syrah, Grenache & Zin across Vintages

Easy buy, in for 2 of the zin.

1 Like

Fred,

Just picked up some Syrah and Pinot to replenish stocks. My tracker tells me I already have a dozen Zin on order as part of last yearā€™s futures offer, which I look forward to seeing in April.

Cheers,
Todd.

In for the zin.

1 Like

Superb offer, really looking to doing some vertical tasting with the Syrah and the Pinotā€™s. Plus anything that gets Fred on the board and dropping his brand of humor/conversation is a win for the WBā€™ers!!!

Todd,

Thanks for this. That 2020 Zin you bought on futures is showing really fantastic. I bottled a couple cases as barrel samples last August. They are showing great and the wine in barrel is showing better.

F

Nick, I figured some vertical selections would be very interesting/educational. Donā€™t feel like youā€™ve got to have a really large group to justify opening multiple bottles. Theyā€™ll show probably even better on day 2. That would be called a ā€˜rolling verticalā€™ I suppose?

F

Not our first time visiting, but If I recall :woozy_face:ā€¦ā€¦we tasted 13 wines, the ladies were waiting in the car and trying to text us to hurry up, of course the steel building did not allow the texts to go through. They ran into your fancy facility wondering why we ignored their texts, our response ā€œyou need to taste theseā€. We had one more stop after that, and we were lucky to have a DD.
The second time was an open house in, I think, 2017, and your father was assisting in the pouring, wonderful to meet and talk with him. Memorable.

Iā€™m sipping on a 2016 Scherrer Platt Pinot. It is everything you want in a Pinot. It has that delicious factor and is beautifully balanced. I love all of Fredā€™s wines, but, for me, Platt, is at the pinnacle. I just ordered the Sonoma Grand Slam.

Fred,

What fun offers - in for a grand slam and some zin! Shipping to the great Hoosier State to introduce some friends to your wine.

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks Diane. It is my hope that the Grand Slam will showcase the differences between sites over two rather different kinds of vintages. Definitely something one can geek out on while enjoying every bit.

F

Everything Fred makes is exceptional. Weā€™ve been drinking his wines for years, and our cellar has a number of ALL Scherrer varietals. Heā€™s also a generous and kind human!!

Finally able to get in and score 4 of the Zin verticals so I can keep my hands off the 2020 futures that will also be arriving this spring! Thanks WB for turning me on to Scherrer wines and to Fred for being such a conscientious and consistent winemaker. There literally is no risk in buying Scherrer!

order placed, thanks guys. best of luck on BD13!!!

1 Like

Bill, Iā€™m glad you thought they would be fun. Thatā€™s why I selected what I did this year.

F

Gil, thatā€™s some sound reasoning, there. Itā€™s nice to be able to feather out the wines as they really get in their grooves, especially for restaurant (remember those?) use.

F

In for a zin pk, I started my wine journey by drinking zin and havenā€™t went back to it because some of them are just too jammy for me; read the description here and decided to give it a try.

Also got the Grenache and Huntsman pk because I had the Huntsman last year and really liked it.

Order in for two Zinfandel packs. Really enjoy these wines.

Alan, if you liked the Huntsman last year, youā€™ll probably dig the Zins too. Thanks for giving it a try.

F

My shipment arrived today - super-fast for a cross-country shipment. Thanks!

Found out a neighbor took my advice and purchased a Zin sampler, too.

Zin arrived and is resting comfortably

Thanks Fred and Judi.