Favorite Rose…Summer, 2022 Edition

I need some advice on best Rose from Tavel or Anjou.

Not 100% Anjou but Thibaud Boudignon Rosé de Loire is good.

1 Like

Kapscandy 2021 Rapszodia is the best rose’ I have ever had.

1 Like

Tercero is a perpetual favorite for us, and I ran across the 2019 Metzker Rosé of Syrah on discount locally this spring…not a maker I know anything about, but our test bottle was pretty tasty, and I picked up a case.

In recent years, a few other favorites/repeat purchases have included:
Proprietà Sperino Lessona Rosa del Rosa
Il Poggione (Proprietá Franceschi) Brancato
Biohof Pratsch Rosé

Best description ever

1 Like

You have to try Tercero Mourvedre. Though I like the Cinsault too.

Was the Ceritas the one from couple years ago? Man I went through my pack like in a month that was so good.
Really wish they would do another round of that.

I’ve gone through about 6 bottles Matthiasson. Always my #1 Rose year after year.

FIFY. :grinning:

Which we will be pouring at Toronto Winetasters’ Rosé tasting next week (2011) . [cheers.gif]
(As well as Ch Cibonne, Dom Ott Ch de Selle and a few others, five countries )

It is also “ not like the others”. Will be interesting to see what people think.

Haven’t picked up any 2021 roses yet, but when Betsy made a soy/honey chicken thigh recipe, I thought rose and opened up a 2016 F. Cotat Chavignol, which worked nicely but a bit young. But look forward to trying 2021 versions of my faves (Baudry, ESJ, Bastide Blanche, etc)

Year in, year out…I love the Peyrassol Cotes de Provence Cuvee des Commandeurs Rosé.

Detert makes an incredible Cab Franc rose. I’ve only tried it from tank but it was fantastic.

had another annual favorite last night - Ameztoi Rubentis rosé. Barely blinked and the bottle was just about gone.

On what felt like the first good summer evening - not too hot, no tornados or downpours … I opened Nikki’s Stars and Dust rose for a glass by the lake and it was so very very good. Rose with depth and energy, just the right balance. So glad I have a few bottles … definitely a summer celebration (that I’ll happily drink all year)!

L’Anglore (Tavel)

Love Peyrassol as well; and Mordorée Tavel. champagne.gif

Which vintage?

‘21 … loved the ‘20s too.

Are you drinking any?

1 Like

I am. Just opened my first ‘21. A touch of travel shock, I think (delivered a couple of weeks ago), but it was delicious with nice structure. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a rosé with this wine’s precise color

1 Like

Chambers has just gotten the 2021 Domaine Les Fouques (arrive 6/22). A perennial favorite of mine (along with Baudry) and a killer value.

Love the color and you’re right, it’s unique.