Favorite Rose…Summer, 2022 Edition

Domaine Guion Bourgueil Rose–$15 direct import from Chambers and an annual fave.

I really like AXR’s rose, and also Tres Sabores. Will be visiting Paravel on Howell Mountain in a few weeks and I believe they do several different rose varietals, so hoping we get to try a few.

Got 2 Italian Gems for you:
Fatorria Sardi from Lucce - 100% Sangiovese $22
San Salvatore Vetere Rosato from Campania. $30

XOBC Evangeline 2020: From Washington it’s 85% Syrah and 15% Grenache, bone dry made in a southern Rhone style.
Another Washington Rose 2021 Amavi Cellars, 100% Cabernet Franc.

Both delicious and easy to drink!

Hard to go wrong with Valentini cerasuolo day-in, day-out. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Myriad Rose (now in cans!)
Gargiulo Rosato (Sangiovese)
Sojourn Rose (Pinot Noir)

I’ve been buying these for a few years now. Very nice Rose.

The “best” rose I can recall having, is from Kenzo. It’s a blend of Malbec, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. But - at $80 per bottle, I do not buy many. Kenzo’s winemaker is Heidi Barrett, if anyone is wondering… (I rarely see Kenzo mentioned on this board.)

Just had the Kenzo Rose, it is extraordinary!!! Heidi Barrett no more though :hushed:

?? what happened? It’s actually been several years since we were at Kenzo.

1 Like

Tried the new vintage of Nervi-Conterno Rosato recently, don’t let the screw cap fool you it is fantastic! When it was first opened it was pretty mediocre, but I tried it again a few days later and it improved significantly!

And why should a screw cap fool anyone these days?!?! [snort.gif] [soap.gif] [stirthepothal.gif] [highfive.gif]

1 Like